New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MTX-75 shift tower bolt failure

Moderators, please leave in general info for traffic purposes, and if possible please sticky.

Recently I had a bolt sheer off inside the shift tower of my MTX. the bolt went straight through the tranny case, now my tranny is no more. I have placed a call to Ford Corporate to file a complaint, and request that ford pay for at least PART or the repair, since it is a manufacturer defect that could have been very dangerous to have happen while on the highway.
I know that others here have had the same problem. What I need is for you to post if it has happened to you, and I ask that if you filed a complaint with Ford Corporate, that you list the referance # (corporate mentioned that there is NO record of this happening to any other cougars) you may PM me the referance # if you dont want to display it publicly.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Moderator Edit: I edited your title so that it may bring a little more attention. ~ DgnZcoug

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Happened at 36,400. Not covered under warranty. Sold an extended warranty at a discounted price as "goodwill".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts