New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seriously considering getting a set of MSDS headers lately, but will I still pass the Davis County emissions test if I do so? Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! :cool:

·
Registered
590 Posts
No idea. Good question.

My thoughts, although I have no proof, is that you'd pass emissions tests, just don't mention you have the headers installed.

P

·
0 Posts
I would think so. I passed Davis county with gutted pre-cats. Just make sure you have the car nice and warm and the main cat should do enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coolness! Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll give it a shot, after all the worst that could happen is I'll have to take them off to be tested again. Yea, don't worry highgeer, I won't tell them. The first time I went up there with my catback exhaust some old man yelled at me telling me that it barely passed the noise ordinance. It's kind of funny now I think back on it.

P

·
0 Posts
Where do you go to get inspected? You don't go to the county place in Kaysville do you???? I don't, they are too picky there. Go to Jay's American Car Care on 500 west, across the street from AutoZone, they can do Davis county inspections.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I have been going to that place in Kaysville to do it because they'll license you and everything while you're there. I only had a problem that once, and that was a few years ago. I haven't seen that guy there since. Of course, I really haven't done much to modify the performance of the car, but even with all the cosmetic stuff I've put on they never get under the car and look for illegal parts by any means. If you really don't think I should go there though, I probably won't. There's always a chance they could become pissy.

P

·
0 Posts
ya, that's nice they lisence you while you wait, but it's still a county place so I avoid it. 'Cause IIRC any suspension or exhaust mods are illegal in Utah. But no one really checks for them, but if they did......I've modded both, plus a little film on the windows they might not like either. So, I just avoid the place, but that's me :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts