New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy everyone has anyone had an msd ignition put on there car or for that matter an ignition put on there car???? also i was wondering if any company makes a kit for the cougar 2.5 atx, like an ignition kit kinda like a bolt on kit and if not im looking at a dis 4 system from msd i was just wondering what everyone thought.... any help would be nice thx

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
why do you want an ignition...your money would be better spent on headers or an ADC chip or something along those lines.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Exactly- The Ford DIS ignition on our cars is more than sufficient for even a 3L turbo like mine... You'll be making nowhere near the power at nowhere near the RPM level to max out the stock ignition.

Plus, the stock ignition fires each plug twice, in pairs, according to combustion/exhaust stroke for better emissions ratings. Will your aftermarket kit supplement that? Support it? Even fit?

Spend money elsewhere. Headers. Chip. Turbo?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for the advice ill just get new wires and plugs bout headers would they really be worth it beacuse i have herd stuff and if so i know the weapon r headers are off brands but u think they would be worth it or do they just suck and go with msds? also on that adc do u have one?

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
definately buy the msds. the adc chip should be the last thing you buy since it is custon burned for all of your mods, if you dont do it last. youll have to send it back several time to get reburns to make the car run to its optimum level

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone know where i can get the msds headers for a little cheaper then like 600 bucks or more because i looked on msds site and go figure there the most expensive ones lol so if anyone has got some used ones or anything like that id like to get some but 600 is kinda alot... thx

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You can try the Weapon-cRap headers, which are a direct knock-off of MSDS's design, use inferior brittle asian stainless steel, don't fit most cars, and require welding on others... :rolleyes:

Do it once, do it right! MSDS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey i had another ? too i looked up the pulleys and i did a search on it and to get an opinion which one is better the unorthodox pulley or the asp pulley?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Personally I would not ever put on an undampened crank pulley. People have run them, people have had no apparent problems, but I would never do it. I don't like the idea of harmonics just crashing around inside the metal of the crank- Forged or not. Ford designed the damper for a reason. Then they designed the DMD... Coincidence?

I would pick accessory underdrive pulleys if you really want to waste money on a negligible gain of power... Try a performance mod instead- More bang for the buck. Unless you're trying to bling up your engine compartment...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey do you think a high flow cat would be worth the money beacuse i have herd some good things about them from people no one here but just around town????

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I dont think a high flow cat would help alot, unless you pair that up with MSDS headers and a catback exaust.

Increasing the flow for one part wont help as much as fixing the whole thing... chain is as strong as its weakest link kinda thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i already got a dual flowmaster exhaust and an aem intake and i was thinkin bout high flow cat and trying to find a svt throttle body but i cant find one for sale over the internet if anyone know let me know but i was gunna look in some junkyards for one....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i already got a dual flowmaster exhaust and an aem intake and i was thinkin bout high flow cat and trying to find a svt throttle body but i cant find one for sale over the internet if anyone know let me know but i was gunna look in some junkyards for one....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.