New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just say this commercial for this "Mr. Clean Auto Car Wash" for $29.99. it looks like one of those attachments with like chemicals in it for your gaurdens. you put the soap in the attachment for the hose, rinse, soap, scrub, rinse, and you dont have to hand dry! it's kinda like the so-called "spot free rinse" in the do-it-yourself car wash. but they say if it leaves any spots, even on your windows, you can get your money back! has anyone seen this commercial? do you think it would really work? or should i just stick with the ol' maguiars cleaning stuff?

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
I never tried it, but I've seen the commercial. I guess if you weren't a fanatic over sticking with certain brands for washing the car it could make for a nice, quick "in between" washing system. Or say it's 100* out and muggy as hell.

But nothing will beat getting in there & scrubbing the hard to get spots to clean off dirt.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats so true. but i may have to give it a try sometime.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
IIRC this does nothing more than add some polymer to the water to make it so that you don't have to dry your car ever again without spotting. This is the part of washing the car that i absolutely loathe, so if it works you can bet i'll own one.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
It's similar to the "Spot-Free" rinse you can get at the Do-it-yourself places.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: Aries
It's similar to the "Spot-Free" rinse you can get at the Do-it-yourself places.
yeah, thats what i was thinkin...but those dont seem to work to well for me. and those dont have a money back guarentee, like this mr. clean thing does.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought This about 7 years ago and yes it works. No spots or any thing. But The water comes out so slow it can't even wash off the soap off the car. So I'am hoping the Mr. clean one works better.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I haven't tried it yet, but I admit that I am intrigued.

The FAQ section of the Autodry website has some information about how the product works, plus I think you can get a $5 off coupon there too.

My only concern would be the monetary commitment. Not only do you spend $30 up front, but you have to refill the unit with only their brand of car wash soap and you have to buy new filters periodically. But if it works well enough it may be worth it.

If anyone tries it, please post your opinions.

edit: spelling

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bought the "Mr. Clean Auto Wash" about a month ago. It works the way they say it does. A bit bulky hand held unit, but you get used to it. Waiting to see what they want for a bottle of cleaning solution and a replacement water filter, unit come with only 2 sample sized of each, to do six car washings.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Does anyone know if the cemicals in the spot free rinse is oil based if so then of course it wont leave spots. But really is worth buying can it do a better job than what you do by hand?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm pretty sure its not oil based. According to the website, the spot free dry is achieved through the combination of the Dry Rinse Polymers in their wash solution and the filter which de-ionizes the water and removes impurties.

The sheeting action of the Dry Rinse Polymer™ works with the Mr. Clean AutoDry Filter so that a thin layer of de-ionized water is left on the car's surface, which will quickly evaporate, leaving a spot-free result.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I ttried this thing out, and it worked excellent, i also really hate drying my car, and this did a wonderful job, plus the soap seems to be pretty good quality, as it got alot of the tough to clean dirt off with no problem. I think it's a good investment for 20 bucks, but i hope the replacement filters and soap refills aren't real outrageous.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
so your saying i should go get this

but you have to use a cloth to get the dirt off right( like from salt)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Its not a total spray on, spray off deal. You still have to use a wash mitt and all, only the drying step is eliminated.

I was at Target the other day and noted that AutoDry filters were $5.99 and refill soap was $4.99.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow. doens t sounds like too bad of an investment. i hate drying the most, so thats a plus that it can be eliminated. thanks for all the info guys!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott
wow. doens t sounds like too bad of an investment. i hate drying the most, so thats a plus that it can be eliminated. thanks for all the info guys!
Drying is quite easy!!! I hate to see someone throw good money at something that's not really a problem. If you've kept your Coug properly waxed you should be able to dry it in 3-4 minutes...... ask Morph about how to do this.

I do like their filtration system on the hose though. It strips out the minerals that leave deposits behind. There are many of those systems out there with a larger upfront cost but with a lower cost overall.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i just saw this at autozone for 14.99 ithink im going to go back and get it tommorrow

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know that i got one of these yesterday and used it to clean my car yesterday

JUst like to say that it works asesome and will never go back

i love it

i dont think the handle thing is that bulky i kinda like it

i got it for 20 bucks witha 5 dollar mail in rebate at autozone

i give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Later,
steve

1 - 20 of 32 Posts