New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Did my first Mod on my wifes coug. Ford Racing Wires-AutoLight DP PLugs- New COil.Blue conduit(flexible wire holders)-*well 1st mod was red top optima* Went on a trip to West Palm Beach this weekend from Tampa. Not only was my mpg awesome 24mpg average city/hwy 506 miles total but it was fun to rip past some ricers on the Fl turnpike..Was scared a couple of times whgen that lil ole alt/batt light flickered at some high revs. Next Mod 200 amp Can-Am racing/show altenatorw/ voltage regulator for showing of that Bass*BOOOOM* $375 installed!! No busted knuckles! * Gears up for CAI* Pics of mods to com soon
NegDog oh yeah any advice on some tires for this cat? My U.S. Baldies Racing slicks got a couple days left no steel yet hehe!! Good thing im in Fl

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Assuming 16s, ditch the 215/50/16 size and go with either a 225/50/16 or 225/45/16. The former is taller than stock, the latter is shorter than stock, but only by about 1.5% each way. The 225 size gets you more choices for tires. The Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's are about as cheap as you'll find (~$77/tire), but you get what you pay for (burned them in 30k miles, and supposedly I was lucky). I currently have a set of Yokohama AVS db S2 tires. Super quiet, very nice traction in wet, snow, and dry. Trick is they were $104 each... There are tons of folks who will now probably light up the boards telling you to ditch the stock rims in favor of a set of 18s... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
nope, I say ditch the stock 16 or 18's for 15's. I went from 16's > 18's and loved the look but disliked performance. So now I riding on the stock 16's and looking for some 15's. confused yet? lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I got the stock chrome star 16's look decent handle like a frickin caddy or my old 85 lx 5.0..*wishes still had*.BAT has some stock svt 17's that look dope with a charcoal finish.I think they are focus wheels from europe dont know if the bolt pattern will fit. Im looking for in a wheel with style and performance since it is a ATX and my wifes car. Its got to look good...Havent found any good tires yet..Set's burned up Firestone Firehawk ss (2 SETS),bf gOODRICH COMP T/A (2 sets)...I mix match set of comp t/a's and firehawks (currently bald as hell hehe) Remember stock is for chumps but factory is ok...ANyone got some pirelli p700's
NegDog

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
any focus, contour and mystic rims will fit your cougar.

Tires you might want to look into some pirrelli's, yoko or nitto 555's seeing as your in Florida.

Personally i'm considering the Nitto Neo Gens and BF streetlegal drags.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: NegDog
Was scared a couple of times whgen that lil ole alt/batt light flickered at some high revs.
This is really pointless for me to say since your going to be swapping out your alt but that flashing battery light is one of the signs that your current alternator is about to fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.