New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you guys do it? I got 2 StreetGlow licence plates, and tried to mount them under the seats, but there was NO WAY I could mount them a still keep the full function & range of the seats.

I drive a 2001 MTX... anyone wanna offer some suggestion?

Thanks,
Darrell.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
The ony under my pass. side broke when the seat got moved back.. dunno how that happened, it seemed like there was plenty of room..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
it's doable, you just need to test the seat to make sure there's clearance..and if you attach the neon to the actual seat, make sure you leave enough play for the wires for when the seat goes back and forth.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if it's because I have a 2001 or if it's because I just can't do it right.... but I've failed in mounting them.

BUT, what I have done is mount the license plates under the dash and 2 8" neon tubes under the front part of the front seats. The glow looks amazing! Only problem is that I have no glow coming from the sides and back of the seats. Oh well, the front is the main part anyways.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Darrell.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I whipped out the dremmel and where the plastic covers are in the two front seats I made have circles to brace and cover up the ends of the tubes. Its not tacky looking, you cant see them unless your looking. Thats one way I put in some of the lights. Just be creative, its not like your going to completely mess something up and drop the value of the car. It will do it its self

1 - 8 of 8 Posts