New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a cb. it works fine. i ran the antenna wire through the car and mounted the antenna on top of my car right behind the rear spray nozzel. its a "high power" magnet that you use to mount the antenna. everything is great untill i get on the highway and high speeds or get passed by a trucker. then it falls and hangs on by the wire. anyone have suggestions of a product i could use to mount the antenna. i dont want to drill and i dont want to use anything that wont come off the paint if i decide to relocate later. i need something that would basically just help reinforce the magnets strength.

·
8,544 Posts
How big of an antenna is it? I have a two-foot model with a magnetic base that hasn't ever given me a problem. If you're hooking up a four foot antenna (or, god forbid, an 8-foot whip), I can see why it might fall over more easily, and I doubt that you'll ever be successful with a magnetic base.

If it's a longer antenna, I suggest looking for a shorter one. They still give excellent range, don't look quite as bad, and are easier to store when not in use.

--RJ

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a two footer. and it always falls. i used some 3m white squares to mount it. i figure worst comes to worse just use some sticky disolver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts