New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people would be interested in a Mountain Run? The highway i would like to take would be Highway 2 (Angeles Crest). It goes all the way over to the 15 then over to either the 210 or the 14......

It would be quite a long drive, so those of you who dont want to put 100 miles just on the Higway 2 portion alone, prolly wont be interested. Especially those of you down in SD...it will be close to 140 miles just to get to where Highway 2 starts from the 15/138 then you would have to go all the way over the mountains to the 210 and then back home....the likelihood of putting 400-500 miles on your car in one day is pretty high...

The options to get on Higway 2 are you either enter it from the 210 freeway in Pasadena, or you enter it from the 15.....This type of event might just interest a select few, and would prolly be in addition to any regular SoCal NECO meeting..... Just let me know if you are interested.... But plan on being gone ALL DAY......

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the soonest date that i have open would be the 28-29th weekend.......depending on how many people we get to commit to this, will determine the route we take.

i have attached a simple picture of the area i have in mind, the green line takes you all the way from the 210 to the 15...that blue line is the road i will take to meet someone at the 210. I circled Willow Springs up on the top of the map, because that weekend, they are having a Touring Car Racing event.....their website is TCRA and they have some info on that weekends event. I am trying to get more info from them so i can go out and watch some racing. that is another option for that weekend. but if we all would rather go on the mountain run (lots of fun) then we can do that...I am thinking of getting some other guys to show up from ClubSi and Celica......they do these all the time...

More than likely, I will meet people at the 210, then drive all the way over to the 15 (about 60-75 minutes) and then take the same route back....if people from the IE want to meet us at where the 138 meets the 2, then you would follow us back towards the 210 and then go home from there.... I just need input from people on if this is cool or not.....we can make it lots of fun with picture stops along the way, a BBQ, and just some good 'ol mountain driving!!!!!

Nikolas

click here to see the pic of the map... Angeles Crest

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I woulnd't mind going to see the touring car race. This is real racing with real cars and drivers, not that WWF-like NASCAR stuff. Except that weekend I'm moving. I think.

G

·
i wish i could go but for this whole month i have to work on the weekends. i have never been to a Touring car race. hope you guys have fun.are you going to join up with the si and the celica groups?

cisco

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know if I will join up with them as a group, but i have one friend who owns a Celica GT-S, one who owns a Si, and one who owns an SVT Tour....I am sure all three of them would show up...I might even be able to get my friend with a 1.8T Audi to show up, he said that he wanted to watch the racing....

I need to get ahold of the TCRA to see what the schedule is for that weekend, how much it costs to get it, and so forth.... I know that Saturday they will have time trials going on, and that really isnt fun to watch, but i dont know if they will also be having that on Sunday as well.... as I get more info, I will pass it along....Hopefully we can get a small turnout for this event, I know it is a long drive for you guys down in Orange County and San Diego....

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the website, the acutal racing portion of the weekend takes place at the end of Sunday.....the rest of the time on Saturday and Sunday is spent in just open track driving and time trials....I am interested in watching some real racing and what not, not just people driving around the track....I wrote them an email and have been trying to call as well to get more a specific timeline of events for the weekend...i believe admission is around $10-$15 and includes the pit pass and so on..... We could all meet up and drive over there together of course... I just need to get a feel for how many people want to come, and if they want to spend the whole day up there (like 12-7pm or so... might be different once i find out from them the time schedule)

Nikolas

G

·
Chezterr,

Since I used to be a resident of Wrightwood I would love to do the Mountain Run. Tell me when and I will ask if I can get that day off!! Wrightwood today got 8 inches of snow, but by the end of the month it should be pretty tame. Imagine a whole line of Cougars driving down Highway 2 straight throught the middle of Wrightwood!!! That would rock!!

KingTut

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,

well it looks like i got some guys interested in doing the mountain run and some guy interested in going to Willow Springs to watch some car racing. We can either do one or the other, or somehow try to do both in the same day....I could meet up with the guys coming from the IE over near the 15 and we could take Higway 2 all the way across and meet up with the guys down by the 210, then take it into Palmdale and all the way out to Willow to watch some racing.... I figure i am going to the racing regardless of if anyone else goes......

Anyone interested, just let me know....for that plan to work, we would have to meet up near the 15 no later than 10am, then meet the other guys at the 210 around 12pm, then get to Willow around 1:30 or so...and watch some racing......

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is an update from the organization putting the Willow Springs event on....

Thank you for your inquiry, the gate charge per person is $10.00. Willow
Springs collects the money, not us. The best day to come is Sunday. We will
have both time trials and race finals during Sunday afternoon. Usually, we'll
have a hundred entries at Willow Springs. A wide varitey of cars will be
there. Hope to see you at the track.

Thank you,
TCRA
staff

So if anyone wants to come with me to the track, you know where i will be. sounds like a bunch of fun to me....if we just skip the mountain run this month and do it later in the year, maybe summer time, and just go to this race, then that would be cool... I just need to get an idea for how many people want to come watch it with me...

Nikolas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.