New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first question, I will only post one ? at a time. Thanks for all of your input everyone!

We are currently looking at a place called "Dulles Greene" in herndon(sp?). The sq sizes are awesome but on some of the apartment review sites the emotions are very mixed. Some say its the best (sf size, nice apts etc..), some say its the worst (no parking, horrible staff. etc..) .

Anyone know anything about Dulles Greene? Or how long really will it take for me to get to DC?

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
371 Posts
Chris:

Dulles Greene, from what I've heard about it, seems to be a really nice place, pretty convenient to shopping and activities, and I've heard pretty good things about the company that manages it. It shouldn't take too long to get to DC, and it shouldn't be that difficult. There's a park & ride lot about 5 miles away (and about a block from my place), where you can take a bus to the Metrorail station, and then take that into DC.

As for reviews of places, one thing I remember from working in property management (and I still get as a member of the Board of Directors of my condo association) is that people generally don't take the time to sit down and write something nice about management. Many reviews of places that I've seen are poor reviews, and they're usually written by someone who was ticked off about something that may have been out of management's control (like their air conditioning went out, and someone wearing white gloves didn't show up at their door within 5 minutes of their phone call to fix it). My advice to you, and this goes for anyone looking at purchasing or renting property in Northern Virginia: contact management directly, and ask a lot of questions. Ask to see a copy of their rules and regulations, if they have such a thing, so you can know right up front what your responsibilities are, and what their responsibilities are. Ask about parking, how many cars can you have, and how much visitor parking is there? (Parking is usually the biggest complaint people have, because so many people in this area have 2, 3 or more cars). If you can see the place firsthand before moving out here, that's even better.

If you've got any other questions, let me know.

Tom

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom, I'll keep you updated on what we are looking at.

Thanks again!

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
If it's where I am thinking about, it's at an awesome location. It's wedged between the Dulles Mall and Rt 7 across from Countryside Shopping Center. You will be 10 minutes from the Dulles Airport, 15-20 miles from Washington DC, 10-12 miles from Leesburg and a hop-skip and a jump from Ashburn and Sterling. Like I said, I could be mistaken ... have link to their website?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really diggin the greenbrier and the carlyle loft.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
OK, I know exactly where that is ... about 3 miles from my office ;)

Nice looking apartments and centrally located. Near everything to be convenient, but far enough away not to feel like city living.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, its looking more towards dulles greene everyday. i have a few associates that live in falls church, and one in alexandria. I will just have to see it all when I get out there.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts