New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have another thought this might be off the wall but anyway....i heard a few titanium 15s and ReALLY like the sound they make so i was thinkin 2 15s in the side wells with a customn box and an 18 titanium in the spare wheel well? woudl there be enough room for all that?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I agree with ZEXCougar. Stick with one size. 4 15's, or 2 SoloX 18's :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You can fit 3 15"s across the trunk, just angle them like 1 firing front, then each side at a 45 degree angle.

You dont need the 18", unless your just showing it and will have it powered by itself.
Tune it with seperate amp's and frequencies to have a different response than the 15"s.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: 02cougakid
but the thing is i dont want to take up a lot of trunk space thats the only thing??? help?
LOL! :rofl:I almost fell out of my chair reading that..Are you aware of the kind of power you're going to need to run that stuff effeciently? As well as box sizes? Wasn't trying to be negative with the comment, I just found it a little amusing ;) good luck!

·
Registered
388 Posts
the subs themselves will take up the the space in the wheel well and side compartments. To put that type of system in you are looking at no room in the trunk . You might look at 1 10' in each of the side compartments and a 12 in the wheel well. good luck on your system.
Gregg

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ya, I would only go with a bunch of subs like that if you are looking for a "WOW" factor... Otherwise, if you jsut want it to sound good - you can boom really nice with alot less than that. I have 1 12" Kicker Square Solobaric and that thing booms! Nobody believes me when I tell them I only have one sub!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well what if i went with the 2 15'' eclipse titaniums would that take up a lot of trunk space? could i put them in the side compartments? will they fit there or would 2 12's fit better therE?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The thing with the 15"s is the need a bigger box, more airspace, more mounting depth. For the side compartment and not to take up alot of space, go with 2 10"s or 2 12"s. Setup correct with a good fiberglass box and good amp, it will still hit hard, and look cool too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
yea, 15's like that would need at least 2 cubic feet EACH. plus that 18" would probably take 3 or more, and with that you'd need a false floor in your trunk for it all. plus room for gigantic amps, caps, and maybe even batterie to power that all........ no trunk space.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
if u got rims, then u could put the 2 15's on the sides, fiberglassed with and amprack behind the seats with a spare aftermarket wheel in its own area between everything, have it glow from underneath!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts