New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think I heard somewhere (search for the thread with the how to) that if you flip the side of the screen or something you can get it brighter.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
the guy is selling a blue plastic like screen, my bro bought one for his focus, i've yet to install it for him

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
the guy is selling a blue plastic like screen, my bro bought one for his focus, i've yet to install it for him
could you let us know once it's installed if it looks just like the pic and how hard was it to install? I also seen this auction couple times but felt a little doubtful on to whether or not it was a goond buy since its only a filter...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ok, for starters you would be buying a "how-to" that has been posted all over this place. Why PAY for something that is already here for FREE??

Second, the only actual item you recieve is a blue screen. Go to ANY arts and crafts store and buy a sheet of clear/colored sticker paper (whatever it is called). You can get just about any color, and it's .49 cents for a whole sheet of it.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
not even that!

all you need to do is take out the screen you already HAVE, lightly sand off the green coating, and just put freakin blue electrical tape on it! :rolleyes:

Edit - yeah, ditto what Fett just said...
you don't need to spend ANY money on it... i did mine in red -

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yeah, for some reason, i seem to have the "freak" of cougar lcd screens...

everyone saw them at HCKC in Indy last year too and everyone was surprised at how bright they were...

but you know why? its because i sanded off that light green finish off that paper-like lcd screen... getting rid of that helps light pass through it easier.
Look at all the how to's... they say nothing about getting rid of what MAKES it green in the first place, before changing the color. I just did it cause it seemed like the right thing to do, and it turned out that it was :) heh!

and yep - regular run-of-the-mill red electrical tape... came in a package of 5 colors for $2.99 :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
The "screen" he's selling is probably something similar to THIS. Using electrical tape is all well and good, and can produce good results as shown. If I did it though, I'd look for one of these since it offers a greater range of colors to choose from to perfectly match what you might want (further down the page). Plus these gels are designed for lighting, so I'm sure they'd work perfectly. They're a little more expensive than $3, but I think it'd be worth it.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Well, I bid on it. I have looked everywhere for a filter or something suitable as a filter and haven't been able to find one. If I win it, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: tnkgurl
Well, I bid on it. I have looked everywhere for a filter or something suitable as a filter and haven't been able to find one. If I win it, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
if you want to waste your money, why don't you send me 3 bucks? :rolleyes:
i'll be happy to repost the how-to instructions that Fett just posted and send you a roll of blue electrical tape.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: tnkgurl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want to waste your money, why don't you send me 3 bucks?
i'll be happy to repost the how-to instructions that Fett just posted and send you a roll of blue electrical tape.
Too late! Thanks anyway! Remember: a fool and her money are soon parted! :(:rofl:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
The colored tape is one way to do it. But i would imagine its too thick to work perfectly.

You can also use ultra thin colored Cellophame. (used in stage lighting)

I used Red Cellophame for my LCD screens. I happen to have a lot of blue laying around also.

You do have to 'sand' the green off the back of the LCD. If you dont do this it will be very dull in color.

Here is my LCD screens using red cellophame, as applied to the back of my LCD screen directly.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh no prob tnkgurl :)

and see, to me Ken, that looks like you can't see the numbers too clearly... where as above in my picture (i used electrical tape) and the numbers are insanely visible and clear...

maybe its just a bad picture of yours? :confused: but hey! as long as you can see them, thats all that matters :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts