New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had either of them, don't even know what the difference is but I want to stick a window in the roof of my car. I've decided to go with a Webasto but there's several options like one that manually pops up, another that electronically slides back into the roof, one that has a pop up windbreak etc., etc., If you've got a factory or OEM sun roof what would you change on it and why?

G

·
I have the factory sunroof and the things I don't like about it are that it doesn't open very far(just past halfway), it isn't glass so you can't see up through it if it's closed, and it would be nice to have a one-touch open feature.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good call. I agree with all three. I love my moonroof and would definitely opt for it again if I had to get a new Cougar. But, it would be nice if it was bigger, had the glass (sunroof?), and opened with one touch.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Moonroofs typically have a panel that you slide back, and then the window portion also slides back into your roof. Sunroofs pop up and out to open. I'm not sure if there is enough room in our cars to have a moonroof. These are typically used on large cars and SUV's (think Mountaineer). I have to agree on the opening of the factory sunroofs, they just don't open up far enough. If you can, get the pop-up wind deflector. I wish I had one of these on my roof. The one touch feature is nice, too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sybaris

Webaso actually makes the roof that comes stock in our cars. However, the after market piece will stick up about a 1/4 inch from the top of the roof. The slide away style (into the roof) won't work on our cars cuz theres not enogh room. Search Yahoo for sunroofs and American sunroof (i think) will pop up. They are another manufactuer that does OEM part for Ford. They make one that mounts flush.

Hope this helps

Klapper24

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.