New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much money would it take to finish your car right this second. if some guy said he would buy the parts for you (not give you the money) how much would it take. this must pertain to the cougar, meaning no "i would need 500000 to get a saleen s7". this is just YOUR COUGAR, with products available this day. what major things would u buy with it??

i would need 8000 for the parts and about 3000 for paint and body work. so 11,000 is what i would need, which is exactly how much i bought the car and when u combine the two prices, what i would have paid for the car brand new in 99.
veilside kit, oem cf hood, ground control, some 19 rims of some sort, lots of carbon fiber accents and little accessories. engine and suspension would be st200 minus the coilovers. thats the major stuff.

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
$5-8k for the V8 RWD swap (or $4k for a balls out 3.0l w/AWD). This includes an MTX tranny swap

$4k to repaint the car in some sick blue & shave the handles, antenna, trunk.

$3k for some 18's in the back & 17's in the front deep dish rims.

So I'm looking at about...$12-15k to get the car how I'd like it enough to be "done".

·
Registered
573 Posts
Good topic. I won't include what I know is on the way in the next two months:
  • Quaife LSD
  • SPEC Stage IV Clutch
  • Fidanza Flywheel
  • Custom Garrett T3 Super 60 project
  • SCT custom tuner package
So, if money was no object and I could replace the foam in my seats with it, here's what we're looking at:
  • Terminator body kit
  • X1 fenders
  • Kamanari carbon fiber hood
  • Roof scoop (relocate antenna to rear of roof)
  • Veilside blade-style carbon fiber rear wing
  • All stock moldings & accents shaved
  • Entire body kit molded into the car
  • Vertical door conversion
  • Custom Kameleon HOK paint job, exterior and interior (new fiberglass parts - see below)
  • Custom fiberglass dash, center console & door panel work
  • Remove the rear seats and side panels & replace with a custom fiberglass stereo enclosure
  • Sparco Torino Seats & Cam-Lock Harnesses
  • Door panels and fabric trim custom covered to match Sparco seats
  • 6-pt roll cage
  • Powder coat or chrome plate all suspension, brake and undercarriage parts
  • Alpine in-dash DVD/MP3/CD/AM/FM receiver
  • Alpine DVD-NAV unit
  • 7" LCD diaplays in the trunk & visors
  • PS2 (heh, heh)
  • Custom-built 2.0L Cougar Zetec Motor by Focus-Power w/ reinforced block, forged pistons & rods, p/p head with custom ground cams & oversized valves (custom painted, powdercoated & chromed as necessary) :)
  • NX complete nitrous setup, including D4 kit with all accessories, N-tercooler, dual chrome 10-lb bottles, remote openers - the works
  • A specially-produced DVD set documenting the upgrades to my Cougar and how they were accomplished
And what new show-quality ride would be complete without a show display package - including graphic accents, stage, posters, flyers, lighting, and, of course, a hot model chick.

GRAND TOTAL: MORE THAN I'LL EVER MAKE IN A LIFETIME (upwards of $22,000 which is more than what I bought the car for brand new). If only there were some great Cougar benefactor who could sponsor all the NECO members, providing money for any and all upgrades we deem necessary for our kitties?

But back in this world, I'm an Army soldier so I only get about nothing each month. I plan to spend $6K more and then call it quits. Finish the turbo kit, add a WW body kit, CF rear wing, Katzkin seat & door panel covers and re-do the stereo enclosure.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i don't think i'll ever be "done", but to be happy with it. I'll need

Tranny build or swap
SVT conversion
MSDS headers
Predator CF hood
Tint
Rims
Tail Covers
System
Some type of FI

Oh, forgot some type of kit and some fenders

Too much, don't figure i'll ever get this far unless i still have the car when i graduate. Which i'm hoping for, but you know, crap happens.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
hmmm well I just want some new rims
SVT cams P&P heads progressive controller
for my ntirous, LSD, Clutch, Flywheel and
I think that about does it.
I'm not really going to do to much to this
car I'm starting on my next project soon.

So I guess maybe $4,000.00
I've pretty much acomplished what I had in mind for the
Cougar so I think 4g's should cover the left overs.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Between the motor, transmission, suspension, brakes, CF hood, lightweight seats, racing wheels and a set of Hoosiers I'm probably looking at close to $16-17k.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Good Topic......

Ground Control
Koni struts
Camber Kits up front
Tubular control arms front/rear
TCE Big Brake kit
18" Ultra Light wheels

Gutted Interior
Corbeau Seats
Full FUNCTIONAL Cage

24 lb/hr injectors
Venom VCN-2000
Cat Cams Stage 3

CF Hood
CF Mirrors
CF Tailight Covers
Custom 2 Tone Paint

:)

·
Registered
884 Posts
I would need 5k for stereo, 1k to finish the body parts i need for my car...4k for paint and body work, 7k for a clean small block v8 swap. so 17k

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
99 Razzi Body Kit $589
Customcougars CAI extension $59
ST200 Rims $400
Tires $320
Ground Control $409
MSDS Headers $660

Total: $2734

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally posted by: Fly-Fast
can someone explain a RDW?
If you're referring to Scullin's post, it's RWD - as in Rear Wheel Drive. A V-8, rear-wheel-drive swap out. This is getting to be a common Focus upgrade, and I believe it's only a matter of time until we see this on a Cougar.

Check out FocalJet.com to learn more. They've got a good article on the Ford Racing Performance Parts V-8 conversion at the SEMA show. There are some links there to check out also. Best part? A kit made by FORD RACING... +confidence

A big 5.0L V-8 crate engine coupled to a rear wheel drive in the Cougar? Yikes...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
a hardcore tranny
clutch
flywheel
LSD
turbo
intercooler
18's
springs/struts
front and rear braces
another 15 and a bigass amp
TV & PS2
full exhaust

11,900. which is 100 less than I bought the car for a year ago.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Originally posted by: Fly-Fast
why would you want to drive from the rear?
:rofl: hahaha i am sure your pulling everyones leg with that comment...hehehe

but for some reason or other most high performance cars are rear wheel underpower (drive)

besides i am tall enough that i could sit in the rear and drive..heheh

·
Registered
215 Posts
you also gotta remember though, that the cougar's chassis is not designed for RWD, but you would be ok with AWD

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
99 razzi body kit molded
some major engine upgrades (custom turbo, headers, flywheel, MAYBE an MTX tranny swap)
exhaust
about a 3K system
black racing seats
strut braces
coilovers
st200 struts
tint
pearl paint job
OEM carbon fiber hood
brushed aluminum dash kit (and other interior accessories in brushed aluminum)

so im thinking about maybe 10K????? and i dont want to get rid of my baby untill im satisfied with her, so i might have her a while.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Just give me a credit line to use and slowly back away...I'm sure I'll come up with enough ideas spend another 25 or 30K

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I need prolly in the neighborhood of $6500 to get where i want. Based on GTCougar's total of about $4k for a 3l Hybrid, gimme another $1000 for the price difference of CAT cams over SVT, plus GC/Koni and the ST200 rear stabilizer. I dont think ill be needing a body kit or rims... my bumpers function just fine and my stock 16"s rotate quite nicely.

Edit: Scratch that. Give me $600,000 to do the full 'Ferrari swap' ive been thinkin about.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
v8 conversion has a cougar ever attempted it??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts