New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine had attracted a bunch of moisture in it and I was told that it would stay in there. My question is, if i know where its leaking in from, could I patch it up. But then how would I get the moisture that got in there out?
Or do I have a reason now to do some angle eyes?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Is the "clamshell" and clamp still secure on this head lamp? thats the 1st thing i would check. I have one head lamp that i broke the clamp replacing a bulb in winter. The retaining plastic just snapped off where the hook end of the metal clamp goes.

If you figure out where it is leaking from by inspecting the back side and maybe the seal all the way around the head lamp try and reseal it or address whatever problem you find. Then with the clamshell off stick it in an oven @ ~ 200 degrees F for 15 mins.... should bake the moisture out and then seal it back up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is where I thought it was leaking too, my platic clip broke off like you said, are you sure about the oven thing dont want to mess anything up. Is that platic cover something I can replace like at a dealership?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i dont think you can get just the plastic cover... think its the whole head lamp or nothing .... something like 300 a pop? not sure though.

Many people have used the oven, for different reasons.... those that open the head lamps to paint / mod / remove the orange side marker, all suggest you heat it up in the oven at about 200 for 20 mins to soften up the black sealeant around the edge of the glass. So while i havent done it myself ive heard alot of people here have done it more than once to a headlamp.

·
Registered
92 Posts
that happened to me when making my angel eyes i cracked the corner when taking it apart and now when i wash my car it gets moisture in it and keeps blowing bulbs but i have been too lazy to tear it apart again and re silicone it the light just drys out by itself cuz its not bad but u might just have to tear it apart anyway........and you can get just the clear cover off thats how i cracked mine look for the how to on angel eyes and it will tell you how to get it off

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
definately the easiest way is in the oven @ 200 for 10-15 min like he said..i have done it twice now no problems at all...

pull off the little clamps that hold the rubber on and pull out your bulbs..heat her hup gently pull the lens off the front and then squish her back to gether..that should reseal it with out any problems..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.