New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
the car hasnt been manufatured in 6 years, dont hold your breath.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
the car hasnt been manufactured in 6 years, dont hold your breath.
Hey, ya just never know: I saw a bunch of different Ford Pinto kits back in the '90s.

Sadly though, I think the plastic model industry is kind of dying out. I remember when I was a kid, K Mart had a whole isle devoted to plastic models! These days, places like Sprawl Mart only have about a dozen different ones in stock.

I found a model kit of a '58 Plymouth Belvedere a few years ago & just had to buy it. I had forgotten how much I had enjoyed building them. Great little hobby!:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sadly though, I think the plastic model industry is kind of dying out. I remember when I was a kid, K Mart had a whole isle devoted to plastic models! These days, places like Sprawl Mart only have about a dozen different ones in stock.
dont give up hope!! craft shops like Michael's and hobby shops will carry models forever. im with ya on that nostalgia though. nothing like that feeling when you are all done with it, and its gleaming across the hood. :)

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
Hobby shops do tend to have a good selection still. Also, in the age of online shopping, you can generally go to the manufacurers sites and order directly though them if you are having a hard time finding something you are looking for. Provided it is in production, of course.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
On a trip to Toronto last month, I found this die cast model of a euro Cougar and I had to have it. There was only one there of a Cougar and when I brought it to the counter the guy said he never even knew he had one of these and it must of been there for a long time because it had a very old price on it... lol.

Here it is:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yeah they're all over the place. Ebay, online hobby stores, etc.
Do a google search for Paul's Model Art Minichamps Cougar.

I tried searching for 1:24 scale plastic models but I can't come up with anything. :(
I guess it's nice that there are at least diecast models availabe with the new edge design.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Theres a couple up on ebay.co.uk, both the 1/18th scale which i own, and the smaller 1:43 scale.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts