New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL A Porsche 944 (not sure what year or if it was the turbo version or not) with a few mods (only noticed it was lower than they usually are and had a nice sounding exhaust note so assumed that was aftermarket as well, considering the tail pipe was chromed).

But he was in front of me getting onto the interstate. And as soon as we get off the merge, no traffic at all, he just guns it.

Keep it in mind, he was in front of me. I gun it also, pull to next lane, dude was still WOT from the sound of it, and next thing I know, I'm hitting 120 and I see him several football field lengths behind me :rofl:

Then I hit the brakes and slow back up to speed of 70. Guy finally catches back up to me, rolls window and giving me thumbs up and wants another run, side by side. Ok sure. So we go for a 2nd run dropped to 60 as he wished.

From a 60 run it looked like the football field distance increased between me and him hehe. And again I slowed up for him to catch back up. THis time he yells, 85 roll.

Ok sure why not. This time, keeping an eye out, we run up to 85 and he gives the three honks.

This one probably was a football field run by the time I hit 120 compared to alittle over on the previous two :rofl: however he still got smoked badly :)

But I give him props. He caught back up with me and gave me the thumbs up and shouted very nice car. I just nodded and we stayed pretty much together until we got to the spilt where i was going west and he turned off north.

Was fun as I haven't had any street fun in quite some time.

Just another to add to the kill list ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Smoked em' 3 times. Nice. Just wish you knew what year so I could check it out and see if it was a worthy kill. But anyway a kills a kill and it sounded pretty damn fun. Rarely do you come across people who arn't asses when you beat them.

Very nice kill.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I wonder how my Cougar would do against a 944
It'd be cool just to say I beat a Porsche.

Nice Kill man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My boss has an old 1970's Porsche N/A. He completely restored it and had some engine work done... He says he is pushing a cool 110 horsepower out of it now! lol... It was hilarious because right after he got it out of the shop where he dumped a bunch of money into it, I completely stomped him in a 0-70 race. I never thought I would beat a Porsche, but I found my victim. On the other hand, he has a 3/4 ton deisel truck that would probably keep up with raben! That thing is far from stock, and damn fast!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Raben you gonna make it to Bowling Greens much this coming season? when you go hit me up we finally have both of my buddies F-body's up and running strong. Would love to see your car and then you could check out my buddies cars that are a little bit faster...hehe One mid 9's(98 T/a) other mid 8's(94ish Z).

I know we are plannin on hittin the track up at least a couple times plus some trip to Louisiana or something like that, I can't remember.

And in the works...should be the next fun engine-turbo motor hoping to put out over 1500hp at the wheels. Glad my buddy has the cash to back this one up. His mid 9's should drop to 7.50's or at least that is what he will be shooting for.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: Brandon
Raben you gonna make it to Bowling Greens much this coming season? when you go hit me up we finally have both of my buddies F-body's up and running strong. Would love to see your car and then you could check out my buddies cars that are a little bit faster...hehe One mid 9's(98 T/a) other mid 8's(94ish Z).

I know we are plannin on hittin the track up at least a couple times plus some trip to Louisiana or something like that, I can't remember.

And in the works...should be the next fun engine-turbo motor hoping to put out over 1500hp at the wheels. Glad my buddy has the cash to back this one up. His mid 9's should drop to 7.50's or at least that is what he will be shooting for.

Sweet man! Yea I'll be heading back up to Bowling Green shortly after they reopen in March. Probably wait for the racers rush to subside and then go so I can at least have alittle fun. I'm shooting for mid 12s on DR's. I'm upper 12s on streets right now :)

I'm still debateing though. I may throw a 75 or a 100 shot with the DR's and a rear girdle (don't want to replace the rear until it finally snaps heh) and see what she does. I've seen a few on LS1 Tech with just a few mild bolt ons and a 100hp shot of nitrous run mid to upper 11s. Don't know how much weight reduction was done to those but damn nice :)

I'll hit you up :) I would love to see those 9 to 7 second F-bodies :thumbsup:

Funny thing though, I said once I break 12s I was going to quite the modding. Well I'm in the 12s and now thinking ok, I'll quite when I hit 11s hehe

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: vSpanky
Hey Raben, as I said before I need to get the spechs on my cousin's TA, he says he has over 400hp with his 100shot nitrous or maybe said 400 before.. I forget, but I'll deffinatly get some pics of his stuff someday.
Cool man let me know :thumbsup:

My HP ranges :( on a mustang dyno I'm running 301hp to 316hp depending on the weather for given day. On a dynojet I've ran 324 to 346hp.

It confuses be between the two dynos but I'm sticking with the mustang dyno. I have purchased LS1 Edit and had the shop there do the dyno tuning. Besides, it seems best way to measure the cars performance is the 1/4 rather than the dyno. Just a tool to tell you if your mods are working or not hehe.

It just sucks though. Before the tuning I was 316rwhp bone stock. Then when I put 3.73 gears and TCI Superstreet fighter 3500 stall my hp went down from 316 to 285 :( I nearly cried seeing that hehe. But when I drove it, I was like omg how is that possible heh. Felt a hell of alot stronger than it was stock. Then with Edit it was tuned back to 308hp on a hot August day. Then later I threw on a ASP underdrive pulley so not sure what kind of gain I might have gotten, 3 to 5rwhp maybe? Didn't really care for dyno after that. It did shave off 1 tenth of a second in the 1/4 though :)

But here is my stats.
99 fully loaded TA (3750lbs raceweight)
Ram Air mod
Lifted airbox 1/2"
Removed EGR in intake manifold
Throttle Body bump stop mod
SLP air lid with K & N air filter
SLP 85mm MAF
SLP Smooth Bellos
Hooker Cat-back exhaust
TCI Superstreet Fighter 3500rpm Stall (lockup)
3.73 gears
B & M Tranny Cooler
BMR Lower Control Arms with Relocation brackets
Ported Throttle body
ASP Underdrive Pulley
LS1 Edit & Dyno tuned by Delk Performance

Tires -- BF Goodrich G-force KDW

Future mod plans before running again:
TR224/224 - LSA 114 cam.
Hooker or Pacesetter Headers & Off road pipe. (Emissions isn't due till Dec of 04, worry about those then hehe)

Maybe 75hp shot of nitrous to start with.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by: SportinStyle
Smoked em' 3 times. Nice. Just wish you knew what year so I could check it out and see if it was a worthy kill. But anyway a kills a kill and it sounded pretty damn fun. Rarely do you come across people who arn't asses when you beat them.

Very nice kill.

Yea I have no idea what year it was :( I'm thinking late 80s, maybe 88 or so. Couldn't have been turbo as I pulled STRONG on him right out. The first run with him in front staying in it made me feel either my car is pretty strong. . or his Porsche was NA and slow. I looked up the NA ones for 86 to 88 and both were high 15 second cars in the 1/4 :(

Wonder why he even tried to run the other 2 times if he knew that. . .or just because he was in a porsche and wanted to play? Oh well.

Yea nice kill but after I saw the times on www.car-stats.com I'm not so impressed anymore. It's basically running a high dollar Honda civic :(

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
For somone who kept on telling my they didn't speed...you sure seem to be enjoying the CRAP out of these runs:biggrin:

Just kiddin buddy....I'm just wondering when you're going to quit playin and install the tubs. I knew you couldn't stop at 12s...you've got the addiction man..give up and enjoy it.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Originally posted by: Raben

Yea nice kill but after I saw the times on www.car-stats.com I'm not so impressed anymore. It's basically running a high dollar Honda civic :(

Yeah my Dad has a nonturbo 944. Not a 1/4 car by any means, but holy lord does it handle. I would put it against your car anyday on an autocross course.

Now the Turbo 944 is a whole other story. My uncle has a 944 turbo with roughly 420hp. Stock internals, stock turbo, stock exhaust. Just porting work and electronics. This thing smoked Vipers on the Circuit course and was clocked at 180+mph on a straight. It took all my body strength just to reach forward and touch the dash at full accelleration.

Anyways, I do however find it odd that kid kept wanting to run you. The non turbos are NOT drag cars haha. He should have gotten the hint the first time you smoked him. Nice kill, but overrated civics they are not.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by: Y2Kat
For somone who kept on telling my they didn't speed...you sure seem to be enjoying the CRAP out of these runs:biggrin:

Just kiddin buddy....I'm just wondering when you're going to quit playin and install the tubs. I knew you couldn't stop at 12s...you've got the addiction man..give up and enjoy it.

yea I know hehehe :) I actually don't do it often. It's rare when I hit someone up on the street, however it's usually in areas that I know for sure no cops are around. btw I don't hit hwy 840, place is swarming with cops and troopers due to the 'boro street scene :(

And yea I'm addicted. I'm going to install the LT's and put a good blower cam in this year. And hopefully if funding is right, I'll either throw on a turbo or ATI Procharger S/C before x-mas :)

I'm now shooting for 500rwhp by end of the year. . if possible. Delk has a yellow 35th annv WS6, stock internals with just stage II heads, decent cam, ATI Procharger, Hooker LT's and cat-back hitting 509rwhp and about same on TQ. I'm still surprised he hasn't snapped the rear end yet. hehe.

But that's going to be my route. I'll have a beater soon to save on gas so will go all out on this car :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
The non turbos are NOT drag cars haha. He should have gotten the hint the first time you smoked him. Nice kill, but overrated civics they are not.
exactly!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts