New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... first. everyone has free reign here, i'm not going to shoot anyone down, i just want everyones honest and brutal opinions.

First on the list - Hood pins... is there a 'good brand'? what do you all recommend?

Second - foglights - this is the front view of my car (sorry, it was raining, but thats my lighting thus far)
http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/attachments/P80300021%2Ejpg
as you can tell i need foglights... so what kind do you all think would be best? i'm thinking about some thin rectangular or oval shaped ones - i want something that isn't really going to stand out. - again, what do you all recommend? (nothing over $100 bucks if possible)

Third - If you had a stock looking engine - what would be the first things you would do to "dress it up a bit"
*note* - adding a supercharger IS dressing it up :tongue: but its not an option... heh!

Edit- also - does anyone have a FARENHEIT T-7001MHR 7" LCD screen in their car?

I've got a loooooooong 6 months of winter ahead of me ... heh, i'm just looking for things to do / look into :)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, yah, you're going to have to watch out at Cougarfest next year if you show up :evil:

G

·
:rofl: Matt

First- Sparco or Mr.Performance hood pins are the best

Second- I say go with Spotlights

Third- I know exactly what I would get ;) ;)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
George - cool! :)
and what WOULD you do to the engine to make it look a little more 'presentable'??

Ron - I knoooooow man! :( if i lived closer to ya, you and I could go nuts... my car would be like a blank sheet of paper to you :)
I definitely want some fun stuff in the car... my PS2 is going in with the lcd screen, but still, i want more toys! :biggrin:
I could really use your help with some strobes :bowdown:

Next year is my "work with what i have year" i got ALOT done this year... in a way, i feel like i did TOO much in my first year, so over the winter, and next year, im just going to be finishing everything i've started, making what i have, as perfect as it can be, before moving on to other things.
I think i only have to make 2 major purchases next year - lcd screen & rear bumper, and i'm very happy about that, i basically have everything i need for next year already.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
intake, hose dress up kit...cleanliness

I have APC Hood pins and they suck azz. I will be getting rid of them soon plus the dragon tail hood.

Maybe throw in some strobe lights in the engine as well seen it done... also seen a tv put in the engine on a del soul chrome also would go well

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
you can have my old "cat eye" ones if you want. they were like $20 at meijer.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hey Matt, looking through my Super Street Mag, I saw an add for some sweet angel eye fog lights...lots of designs + colors to chose from. New look on the streets, right?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
get a three foot tall cardboard wing! seriously though, how about one of those cf covers for your engine, or buy some svt stuff.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
buy Momo or Sparco hood pins.... but secondly why do you want em if you still have the stock hood? please don't be ghey... I've got hood pins because I had to... my latch was messed up and we had to ditch it so my pins are truely functional...

Fogs... over rated and typically look like ass in an aftermarket bumper

engine dress up... red hose techniques mang!

Mindtrip has a Farenheit LCD screen in his Coug...

·
Registered
954 Posts
fogs - over rated, unless you live in Maine like me, drive your cougar everyday, and need them. I don't have em yet but I was actually lookin into them too.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow... i had no idea people were so 'anti-foglights' heh! i was just thinking of something thin that i could hide somewhat easily - just incase i needed that extra light one day. but ok cool - i'll put that idea on hold for now :) - and thanks for the offer Jam.

Yes! Ness! i totally forgot about those cf covers... i wrote that down. :) - btw, Crispy, have you GOTTEN your cover yet??? you were still waiting last time i checked...
oh - and don't worry about why i need the hood pins yet Crispers... trust Matty - you will wet yourself when you see WHY i will need them (and yes, i will need them :)

and a red engine dressup kit eh? you all really think i should go for that? yay or nay? pictures?? :)
I was thinking of more of a Black and Chrome engine bay - do you think it could use the extra color?

*Magoo - i do like the idea of strobes in there too... i know i want tiny ones in that hole in the headlight... i could probably hide some in the engine bay too - would they survive the heat?

Its more this year I always hated showing off my engine bay cause, even though it was VERY clean... it was boring... i have an intake and strut tower bar, but thats all. heh, i wish i could chrome everything out like James :tongue:

·
Registered
954 Posts
What kinda strobes would you put in those lil holes in the headlights? ****, that'd be a sweet mod. I'm painting my headlights in the next couple weeks, I'd hook my car up in the progres. Let me know namebrand/styles whatever that'd fit...good idea.

Just my opinion but black and chrome engine bay? that's sweet and all but spice it up throw in a bright color for something like hoses..my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ha...put OPTX strobe lights in the bulb housing itself...not a good idea specially with aftermarket bulbs unless there is a better band of strobe lights that will fit the housing. Lets just say my passenger side cought on fire last night. Its a risk I took and well... it burned. Not sure if they'd be able to resist the heat in the engine however....always willing to try and experiment. Be a perfect reason to get the full 3.0 incase it does catch on fire. Anywho, I'm doing bigger and better things within the next month or so... only one MD NECO member knows its definate for sure.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, i'm thinking it would be pretty safe in the headlight - but you would have to go 'backless' just for air ventilation purposes
(backless = removing the back plastic part that you snap off to access the bulbs)

we'll see - i DO know they make tiny ones... i'll have to look around :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts