New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I got an oil change yesterday and used mobil 1 synthetic for the first time(usually use the regular stuff). I have noticed the starts are better, it seems that this oil is pumped up threw the engine easier, sooner or maybe it coats it better. There are no more raspy starts so far. It seems to be popular on with the CEG crowd but if I remember correctly someone posted on thier board that it breaks down easy and a few people blew thier engine while using this stuff(coencidence?). Anyone who has followed thier board and specifically this topic, can you give me some input. I cant search thier board because it is down right now. How bout anyone who has used this product or is using it on this board. Thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah, I started putting Mobil 1 5W-30 in my car even before it was scheduled for its first oil change (did it at 1,000 miles after it was broken in), and I've yet to expierence any problems with cold starts or temp build-up, even with the hot weather here in Florida.

Besides, I figure if Mobil-1 is good enough to for the McLaren Mercedes Grand Prix car, its good enough for my car too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts