New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Can anyone send me some good pics of your throttle bracket for a full 3.0? Dad is going back to work on the car and figuring out the TB is one of the next things.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Vac lines:

vac lines small.jpg

I will be deleting EGR and using an external FPR

What else am I missing?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Does anyone know which throttle cable fits on the 3.0 throttle? I dont have one accessible right now to look at.

·
Administrator
24,304 Posts
The 3.0 cable has the same end as the SVT/automatic cable. I don't know about the length or anything, but the attachment is the same style.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
the only thing on my car that is jimmy rigged is the throttle cable. thats because i actually could not get the stinkin thing out. BUT, i will show you what i did, it was much easier and only caused me issues once. shoot me a text 5098505418. ill take some pics when im in the shop and text them to you.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Trying to power up the fuel pump, seems like PATS is keeping me down.
Ty gave me two ECU's and two keys (both cut the same) for this car, and we cant seem to find a combination that works.

Need suggestions for how to proceed.

I think the system works like this:
The PATS module recieves the required code from the ECU, compares that code to the one it recieves from the RFID in the key, and returns a go/no-go signal to the ECU.
Can anyone confirm or correct me?

I think my options are:
1. Get a new ECU with key
2. Figure out some way to bypass the PATS (dont know how to do that unless I build a new circuit for the fuel pump, but I'm not sure if the ECU shuts down any other functions)
3. Somehow get my current ECU's and Keys to play nice together.

full diagram.jpg

·
Administrator
24,304 Posts
Possibly relevant - when I put the SVT ECU in my car with the new key chip a few years back, it didn't want to start. After I walked away for a while and came back to it, it fired right up. Not sure how or why a little time helped, but that was my experience.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also, Whats this?
Is the unused connector that people ask about once or twice a year?

Mystery connector.jpg

·
Administrator
24,304 Posts
Maybe for an ABS pump, not used on a non-ABS car?

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Looks like the reverse switch connector.

Also if your're having trouble with the keys, you can reprogram them with ForScan if you have a laptop with an OBD2 connection.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
PATS issue resolved with a new PCM.

Next issue:
The fuel pump is turning on for a couple seconds then turning off before there's time to do anything with it.

We've got the supply and return hoses connected together so fuel should just flow back to the tank.
Dad was hoping the pump would run long enough to confirm which hose was which (without crawling under the car) and then to connect the external FPR and set the pressure.
Its been my belief that on the return system, the pump should run continuously once the key is turned to on but that's not whats happening.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
false. it will prime for a second and turn off. and not every key turn. usually after 10 seconds at least of being off

·
Administrator
24,304 Posts
Yeah I would think once the line is primed, the pump has no need to run if the engine isn’t running.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What is the trigger that tells the pump to turn off?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
no its just prgrammed i believe. unless theres rpm or cam signal it probably wont run. but this is consistent. i dont even thing the pump runs when i crank it but its hard to hear

21 - 40 of 56 Posts