New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Anyone who has the Mintex A/F pads.....do they squeak hella bad when they get hot. I have Mintex A/F pads and EBC Slotted and Dimpled rotors.....These pads seem to have a bunch of dust, any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
They were highly suggested when i got mine and to me they just have way to much dust for my liking. i'm sure it's even worse for you with the slots and dimples.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got the same set up as you JohnnyRed. My front driver side brakes squeal like crazy whenever I stop. The pads only have 5,000 miles on them. Everyone said these pads created less dust than the stock brakes but, I disagree.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You have to put that brake anti squeel stuff on the back of the pads when installing...this way the metal to metal wont squeel.
Go buy some and put it on...its 99 cents for a packet

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yeah- duh. You should always lube between the pad and caliper. Anyway, I have (had) OMP cross drilled/slotted up front and KVR in rear with mintex AF all around and while braking was improved the rotors warped within a couple months. Brake dust...dunno if worse than stock but I wash so much its hard to tell. For a "performance" system I was unimpressed due to the warp issue (and they were meticulously broken in. I followed the instructions to the letter for 2 full weeks). My stocks warped too though so who knows?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the mintex pads as well. They squeek like all hell and i have that anti squeel gel inbetween the pads and calipers. Any other pads we can get? The Brake dust, as mentioned above, these pads give off is ridiculus. I'm hardly impressed by mintex.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear that! I was strongly reccomended.....I wanna find that person. Braking did not improve much at all either. Mabye I shoulda just done the 13" kit. Anyone use EBC Greenstuff pads? I've heard they are good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts