New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who doesn't love seeing that in their mirror? It usually doesn't bother me, but this time I'm not at fault.

So this cop whips out behind me, turns his lights on and I'm like sh!t. So I take a left onto a side street so he can pull me over. We have this restaurant at the corner of our intersection and alot of people like to cut thru the parking lot. It's an $80.00 ticket. So he's in pursuit of this a-hole that cut thru the lot and as I'm turning onto the side street, he goes to pass me and we hit. He asked me if I saw him and I said 'Yeah, that's why I pulled in here for you'. Then he proceeded to tell me he wasn't even after me. But I do work with the guy he wanted. Once the superior arrived I said 'I know the guy you want. His name is Bill and he's over there, go get him'. The cop laughed. Turns out this jerk-off went to work and told everyone I got a ticket and he was laughing about it. So I volunteered his address to the cops. Anyway, State Farm says the city of Independence has immunity, but they will pay my deductible. I don't really care, as long as they cover my out-of-pocket expenses. But here are the pics. In the first one, you can see those ramming things they have on their grills. I'm thinking that's what hit me. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
that is a pretty funny story except your car had to be hit but i guess that would be kinda funny to have a cop hit you good to hear it all is seeming to work out for ya

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Reminds me of when the FBI was out looking for this rapist or something in the rural area where I grew up, this girl i knew's car broke down. I guess she used her cell phone and got a hold of someone to come get her. After a while of sitting, she thought - I'll get out of the car and have a smoke. She opened her door and a cop car ripped her door completely off!

I guess they were driving at around 40 MPH after this guy on foot. (WITH THERE LIGHTS OFF!) - ALL OF THEM.. Needless to say the guy got away.

Chris

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
damn that completely sucks
That's crazy he was actually after someone you work with
and ended up running into you trying to get him.

Atleast he didn't try to blame the whole thing on you or something dumb.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Sorry that ya got into a wreck...but the first pic is cool :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
Holy CRAP, Diane; that is PATHETIC.

Sounds like the cop needs to learn how to drive.

Glad it's costing you nothing, anyway.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
your lucky they are paying for it, in louisiana if you are hit from someone passing you while you are making a left hand turn your at fault, supposed to yield to the front and the back. I just learned about that a month or two ago at driver training at work

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
wow that sucks diane. but that will show the guy that was laughing it up with the people at work about you getting "pulled over" lol. but yeah, definatly try to get something for the ***** out of this!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
[censored], they hit the biggest panel on our car...... Cops around here are just jerks. I saw one cop back into a minivan and then he just threw his flashers on and sped out of the parking lot

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't think you should try to rip them off... they are paying for their mistake... That's why it is called an 'accident'.

By that I mean don't go claiming "emotional distress" and crap (I realize that was just a joke.. but the same idea).

Now, if you can just get the money for the repairs and use that money to fix it and get new stuff.. now, thats cool. :)

The cop wasn't an ahole or anything was he? I think it could be kinda funny..

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's taken me 5 days to get everything situated with the body shop/rental car/talking to lawyers and get this...Due to Ohio's Sovereign Immunity Law, the police are liable for NOTHING. They claim once they turn their lights on they are on "an emergency call". If a policeman has to poop real bad, flicks his lights on and hits you, he's not responsible. If you pull over for a cop with his lights on and he side-swipes you, he is not liable for damages. My insurance company overlooked that section of the law and this whole time I thought I was covered. I talked to 2 lawyers and they both said go to small claims court and file for my $250 deductible and $50 rental car expenses. I don't want to have to sue or cause problems, but just because they're police they can get away with this?!?! That's complete :bs:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts