New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i turn them on? what size bulb are they? any pictures of them on?

i searched and couldnt find anything

thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Is this what your askin about? nothing there, just a clear lense with a plastic tube behind it, i added some green LED's to em which plug into the dash alarm LED- as far as anyone with actual light there, never known about it-

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Those lenses are there for the European Cougars. They have running lights there and Ford just made a universal headlight assembly for both, putting the lights in the Euro Cougars and not in the US ones. Most people do just put LEDs in there and either have them come on with their alarm LED, turning signals, running lights, or headlights. If you go to a post in the general forum about Cougar Pics from Spain (or somethin like that) there is a pic of the car with it's running lights on so you can see what they look like in Europe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also you can go to Pep Boys and pick up some "Cruisin Lights", basically little tube lights that almost fit in there, I wrapped some electrical tape around the tube light to thicken it up so it would fit. Not really bright but kinda neat.

Oh yeah, and you can just hook them into your parking lights w/some T-taps from radio shack

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweeet! thanks for the info guys...im gonna try to come up with something to do in those spots

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: blackcat
Also you can go to Pep Boys and pick up some "Cruisin Lights", basically little tube lights that almost fit in there, I wrapped some electrical tape around the tube light to thicken it up so it would fit. Not really bright but kinda neat.

Oh yeah, and you can just hook them into your parking lights w/some T-taps from radio shack
Got a pic?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Those 194's are actually Park Lights on Euro/Australian Cougars....They come on with the headlights and also when the park lights are on...

Dont they actually have any wiring to them in US cougars.??????????

If you want a Pic with them on lemmeee know and Ill post...I have Xenon Blues in mine....To match the 9005/H7 headlight bulbs...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a pic?[/quote]

No, no digital camera or scanner. I know, I'll tell myself, time to catch up w/technology

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: SovKhan
thats where i put my strobes
How do the strobes look in there?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The lights that blackcat is talking about are made by Lite Glow and if you are searching for them it is spelled: Cruise'n Lights
So far the cheapest I've seen them was $20.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by: LostRacer
Originally posted by: SovKhan thats where i put my strobes
How do the strobes look in there?
I'm curious too?

·
Registered
404 Posts
i know its different for the 00 lights, but i put 194 LEDs in my mini lights on my 01 headlights...im sure that the wiring for these cant be hard....just splice them in with the parking lights....

one pic is the LED's at night (they are a lot brighter, my angle was off)
and the other is with the headlights on...u cant even tell.....

lAdZ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How can you hook them to your alarm so thay can blink with it at the same time? Do you have a how to?

·
Registered
293 Posts
My 02 cougar has those little lights and they worked from factory they turn on when u turn the switch in the car to the on position. Why don't any of yours work?????????? I do live in Canada. Maybe the canadian models have the light that works. :shrug:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well my friends 2002 cougar has those lights too...the small lil ones inside the headlights where the high beams are and they too light up when she turns on her car and the parking lights....and we live in the states =)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Originally posted by: lamejon
You damn Canadians get everything... :confused: lol just messing I love Canada.:biggrin:
why cant we have all the goodies too

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah, i'm contemplating puttin' strobes in mine. the only question is, can i install em in the tube itself, or should i go ahead and pop it out. if i do pop it out, will it pull thru the back of the housing or will it have to come out the front?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts