New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if the Trubendz piping is perfectly aligned to fit between the gaps on the MG Read Body Kit?

I was wondering if its also possible to get the SS dual exit Magnaflow exhaust from Trubendz, but pick my own tips instead of the Borla tips like in this picture? I noticed that the borla tips have the hangers welded onto them, so if you minus the borla tips than there goes the hangers and some length of pipe too, right? Do the borla tips bolt onto the pipe with flanges or are they welded onto there?

Do the Contour exhausts from Trubendz fit cougars? Resonated tips sound better than the borla tips.. right?

Does anyone have this setup like in this picture (MG Kit with dual tips)?

Attachments

·
Cougar Otaku.
134 Posts
The MG Kit and Revolution kits rears seem "almost" the same with exception to the exaust tip oppenings. Rev is compltely enclosed. I had to get mine done cutom. I am a ittle hug over still, but I hope thiss helps a little bit. I enclosed a piic. Ignore the GT symbol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Mine fit, i had to do some pulling to get it exactly were i wanted tho. But know i removed the center section so it aint that bad ( look more like a roush rear) I Like it better. ANd the center part wasn't that strong and shaked on the highway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20COUG00, you had the MG rear and had to pull on what exactly to get it to fit? What shaked on the highway? the exhaust against the kit?

I think the best way for me to find out if it fits or not is to measure the distance between the dual exit exhaust tips and then find out hot far apart the gaps are on the MG Rear kit. Does anyone want to measure???

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
the exhaust fit, i just had to do some pulling to make it fit perfectly in the center of the holes. The problem w/ the rear is that the center part (b/w the two exhaust aint that strong) and i noticed alot of movement on the highway. As you can see on the pic the middle part slants down, well it puts alot of air behind it which shook it so bad. I removed the center part (looks like drift rear opening).

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Went from this:

to this:

you can see what section i removed. Also your going to have to imaginate the exhaust and the rear of the since i just painted this out. Since i just did this quickly to shouw you what I removed.

This shows a better pic of the middle piece that the air gets trapped behind and causes the shacking, which also very flimsy compaired the the sides.

·
Cougar Otaku.
134 Posts
Sorry about the post earlier. I am completely sober now. And now that I look more closely at the rear covers I am noticing the major differences.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered Flex Fiber, not Fiber glass which hopefully doesnt have the problem you speak of... Otherwise there must be some supports that could be attached to hold every thing in place, or something? The diffuser is a pretty sweet idea too.

But, still my question remains: Do the dual exit exhaust kits fit perfectly between the two gaps? If I had to guess I would say yes it fits, but maybe not centered....?

20COUG00 is your car white? I thought it was green because of your signature..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
^^^ Right now its in primer, the pics are just a guy w/ the kit wit alot of pics of his car on here so it was easier than loading my own. (who i actually baught the kit off of).

When i put it on, the right side fit perfectly in the center, the left side was touching just a bit so i just pulled till it was in the center, but your end could be slightly different and fit perfectly. Personally if you really wanted to keep it you can just hook it up to the rear 5mph bumper, whcih it sits right against to prevent shaking, but the kit is so low on a stock height i was having trouble getting into parking lots, and this helped a bit.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you mean the 5 mph white bumper that goes under the rear body bumper? How did this getting in parking lots?

How many inches bigger is it then the rear stock bumper? Because I dont plan on lowering my car, mainly becuase I dont want to bottom out on a driveway ramp or a speed bump or something. But if at stock height you still have these problems then that would mean that the MG Rear is like 2.5+ inches lower then the stocker?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Couldn't tell you the exact number since my car is parked. But maybe 3 inches all the way around from the ground on stock height, usually when i entered parking lots or driveways i just rubbed the bottoms or i parked on the street and walked. The kit fits with the 5mph bumper on (yes the white plastic bumper)

Look at my sig and you can see the clearance. I even tried backing in driveways and spots but it still rubs. I have 18's and i want to lower is since i have an inch gap, but i just cant.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So in your sig thats stock height? I wont have the MG front so hopefully that makes a bit of a difference because that front looks pretty low.

I dont know how these guys with cars almost rubbing the road get around without bottoming out so bad that their car gets held up on a slight bump or something? I guess you have to do the 45 degree angle turn up and over ramps etc?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
^^^ Yep, that how i get into parking lots, slow and at an angle.
Sigs stock height :)

Personally I love the kit tho, and i woudn't get anything else. You'll have to adjust to heights with any kit and learning to get around with it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you say "learn to get around" that must mean that their are some times where it might rub a tiny bit in some places when you misjudge a parking lot ramp? I am getting the Flex Fiber so hopefully its forgiving if I do touch something... I figured that the front is the area that you have to pay attention to more so.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Learning to get around with a kit on just takes a little bit. At stock height my front sits 4" off the ground. I've had to learn to not pull up so far in parking spots that have curbs or wheel stops. Enter and exit the drive at home one wheel at a time and go slow accross dips in the road to keep the suspension from compressing too far. I have a flex fiber front, it is forgiving, but only so much. I got it caught entering a driveway and it flexed at the wheel well and left front, both flexed areas cracked. :( Had to drill a couple of small holes to keep them from spreading and let a body shop take care of the rest (yet to be done)

Once you figure out what you can and can't do you'll be fine. In some areas you'll have to do what 20COUG00 said and park on the street and walk to where you're going.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
some guy? lol that was my car lol but i too fell in love with that kit when it was on the car but i drove around full slam ;)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Yea I know what you mean about the rear bumper being loose, I just zip tied to one of the hangers.

Yeah the exhuast tips will be off you need to get them welded at the correct location. My passenger side exhaust tip is slightly off centered.

Get the bodykit fitted first then get your exhaust installed so you know exactly where the tips should be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts