New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay when I was taking off the green sheets in the LCD screens, I accidently must have broken a piece of the left screen, cuz when I turn on my car, the last number of the clock is not visable, like if it was 12:30, I would see this 12:3I and not the rest of the zero... however I can see all the milage #'s... this is bugging the hell out of me so imma go hunting for a new cluster at dumps. the question is... if I change out the cluser, my milage is gonna be the same right? im not gonna end up having more or less cuz of the car the old cluster is from? I dont know if i should do this or not, the milage isint stored on the cluster right?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No it doesn't store the mileage. This has been duscussed in great detail.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I quite aware that this has been discussed, but I can assure you when I changed clusters in mine, the mileage displayed was from the OTHER car it came from. Some people are telling everyone it's stored in the ECU, but funny, didn't change back to my old mileage on the new cluster :(

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
OHHH...I read that wrong....sorry 01blkcat. Your right. The mileage will show what the new one has. If your old cluster shows 80,000 miles, the new one you install will show what miles it had on it when removed from the other Cougar. Sorry for the misunderstanding...I'm dumb! I tried on 02 cluster in my 99 and it had 20,??? miles showing on it when my Cougar has 87,000. The cluster stores the miles...not the ecu.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I know, im just saying how do i get around it? I guess I could just drive like that and keep it on the downlow till I get back up 2 a good milage....

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
:kick:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn me and my guilt, i cant do it. someone give me a better way to deal with this issue...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Its only illegal to swap clusters if you dont tell the person u sell it to the actual mileage and that the cluster was swapped. Just buy a usedcluster and swap out the LCD screens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts