New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you are pretty averse to these, but we found a REALLY good deal on a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited that we may just have to jump on.

We bought the Saturn last year for the cargo space, but it's turning out to be too small as well. After shopping around, test driving, comparing data, and fighting bitterly ;) , we've pretty much decided the PT Cruiser most closely fits our requirements right now for a number of reasons.

1: Not an import.
2: Price.
3: Cool factor and aftermarket support.
4: Size and cargo space.
5: Performance.
6: Economy.

So if this thing works out, I might have another car to mod. And if not now, soon...

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
GT? Turbo???
mmmmmm SRT-4 motor:biggrin:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turbo would be sweet. I have a guy looking for one, but the price is a lot higher. One, because of the SRT-4 motor, and 2, because they only started making them for the 2003 MY. But who knows...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Cool Andy! If you get it you must post pics and a complete mod list. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
my mom has a cruiser, and i dont like it. for one, i find it really uncomfortanle to drive in. the seats are just so stiff and dont fit the curves and all of people's backs. also, the car is a lot more sensitive than cougars are (steering, the gas and break pedal, etc.). i do like the headroom in the back seats mroe than cougars, but any car is better than a cougar there. but my mom has told me that the pt forums are really active, just like these forums, so thats a plus, and there are a lot of mods you can do to a PT. so if i were you, i would test drive the car for a decent distance because you may not notice how uncomfortable the seats can get with a short ride. just thought i would give my input. but if you have questions on it, and would like to know some info from someone who has driven one for a while, you can PM me and i can give you my mom's email address and you can ask her if you would like to. good luck with the buy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts