New Cougar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And the New numbers are....... drum roll please... 336 hp and 210 ft. Tq.:D

I lost quite a bit mid range which is bummer. But now my hp curve goes straight up perfectly. Ill post graph a bit later. And im only about 80% done with the tune and i cant use the schools dyno anymore:(.
Basically if i want more power i need to rent which will be 150 an hr Or more. I need maybe 2 more hrs

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
336HP? Did you mean 236HP?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
kinda... but not quite. only parts at a time. the rear subframe is completely stock and thats my next project i think... unless i get my hands on a supercharger. lol

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
update on this!!
ts been sitting for 3 weeks! because i cant find any god damn o-rings for the ford quick disconnect fuel lines. nobody carries them or nothing and i dont have originals to pick out new ones. i found a performance shop online that sells a kit for mustangs since they use the same connectors, but the ended up sending a bunch of interior screws labeled as "fuel o-rings". im just are you f*cking kidding me?! like who packed this sh*t?! i wanna see what kinda idiot he is. you have to be pretty ****ing dumb not to mention that to someone in the higher paygrade then you.

anyways thats the end of my rant. i ended up finding a dorman part matching the same exact connectors, i just took the o-rings off of them and now she purrs!

if anyones wondering Dorman part numbers 800-131, and 800-130 are the ford fuel line connectors. youre welcome

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
normal o-ring dont work. thats what i had. you need ones for fuel (gas). rubber ones disintegrate

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
guess what the ups guy brought!

out with the old. in with the new!

in other news... new subframe is also getting painted. going to be a pretty amazing view. stay tuned

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
They look awesome. Where did you get them? Press out the old and press in the new? Are they the exact same size as the stock bushings?
powerflex website. mondeos have a few different bushing sizes, so you just gotta make sure you measure yours and order accordingly, they are pricy. my moog lca fit snug but the other one was about .40 mm larger so it went it alot easier. i think most cougars should have 47mm and 60 mm bushings.
yes just pressed them out and pressed them in. its a tad hard to get them perfectly straight if you have a bent up press. but i got it. and the smaller bushings need to be clocked (at least it made sense to me).

did you think about boxing in the control arm to make it stiffer now that you have bushings that will last for ever basically
i did, but i also thought about the next thing that would break then... subframe, transmission, knuckle, strut, and i kinda decided id rather have the lca be the weak link, or else id have to reinforce everything. you feel my drift?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
subframes done...

it definitely changes colors in different lighting. pretty tight!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
4x114.3. I had those wheels on my s13. And I decided to save money and use those. 10mm spacers give me perfect fitment though

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
finally got my toe gauge in. toe was surprisingly close even with my bent subframe and new lca bushings. about 1/8" off. set it closer and off to alignment on friday, right before the big FnF night! so i can go out and rice with everyone else. lol

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
well i got my alignment. neutral all the way around with -1.5* of camber. talked to the owner of the shop, and we agreed that since i didnt know how the car handled yet i should do neutral and then go from there whether it oversteers or understeers. but i gotta say... I AM IMPRESSED:biggrin:.

its day 2 now after about a year without it. i put about 250 miles on it. and wow just wow. this car is definitely the car that will get me in trouble if i drive it in the streets. lol

it has a strong bite at initial turn in. and alot of bump steer because the PS system is gone. i love the feeling. but if i foor it while lets say doing a u-turn and my steering wheel isnt all the way back to straight. it will spin that wheel in h*lla weird directions. bit annoying. but its definitely avoidable

next weekened if first autocross of the season, so im pretty excited to beat some cars that definitely dont expect it. ill keep you guys updated.

also. anyone know whats a good site to buy a helmet? i plan on doing a few track days coming up soon and i need one!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
what would you recommend on brand? i know its pretty easy to choose a wrong one when you cant try them out

41 - 60 of 555 Posts