New Cougar Forum banner

541 - 555 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #542 (Edited)
I actually went auto crossing this weekend. And after the 1st or 2nd run. The adapter came loose again. Since it's an adapter not just a spacer my lug studs are cut. And the nuts are very small and tapered. I think the adapers or nuts have just worn out and don't hold the adapter in place as tight as they should anymore. I think I just need to purchase new adapters. Ive never had an issue with my gun. It tightens 120ft lbs. And never any of the other wheels came loose. Just the one adapter twice

In other news my racing brake pads wore out my rotor so much. In my pads are pretty low there was a loud grinding noise in my brakes after lunch. I decided to check my brakes right as I was about to run and one of my brake pads fell out half way. Luckily we had a timing issue and I had 10 minutes to replace my brakes to my street pads. Damn things barely have any grip compared to the race pads. Lol. So instead of running my race pads I think I'm going to order Mustang 300 mm rotors today. And mount my street pads and wilwood calipers with those rotors to get more braking.

I couldn't for the life of me get a clean run on Saturday so with a dirty run I still got 3rd place. And Sunday I kept getting the same cone just barely. My last run of the day I got a clean one kind of fast. But then a guy that was always kind of the under dog on his turboed civic came with huge 255s RE71Rs on the front and completely smoked all of us for 1st place. It was also his last run right after i told him i was in 1st now. Lol. So I got 2nd.

I decided to throw the front sway bar back on and I couldn't get that rear to rotate. So I ended up going full soft front on my shocks and full stiff rear. Still debating whether I wanna go no sway bar and heavy Springs on the front or leave the sway Bar and go stiffer Springs on the rear

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
so this happened. 4th run of the day. only had 1 finished run without a spinout. lol

had another guy let me race his second racecar. a g20 with sr20det. hes in my class so i at least came back and finished 3rd 1.4 seconds slower then him which is actually very good for that car.

i had just installed mustang cobra 13" rotors the night before. had the machine shop redrill them for me and make caliper brackets the week of the race weekend and then this happens. lol. it completely ripped my wheel adaper off, pulled straight throught the lug nuts. and i had ordered new ones 3 weeks ago and they still havent come in:disgust:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
jaged's right. probably tore through the thin bridge between the two 'vehicle-side' patterns available. the loads of tire grip & AutoX forces probably helped too.

6061-T6 is tempered, maybe heat played a part as well!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #550
they were 4 years old. and have been on and off a thousand times. i noticed the tapered part started mushrooming because of that, so i orodered custom new ones right after the last autox and they didnt come in in time for this race and i didnt think they wouldnt even last 4 runs:/

i forgot to take a pic of the adaper today but i will try tomorrow. its pretty gnarly looking

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
it actually almost hit the plane in the runway thats at the end of the runway we use. lol

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
hey guys. been a minute since ive been on here. i got good news! i placed 2nd in class for this season in autox! i could have been in the running for 1st but the next even my wheel almost fell off again. so i retorqued everything and i was in first in my class so i told the president i was going to sit out unless someone beat me. and nobody did. i really needed that first place win! when the second run group went i decided to check standings and i cant find myself. wtf? apparently the person working at the computer missed a cone on my run and the guy putting everything on paper t double check had it marked. so i got a late penatly and i skipped 4 runs thinking i was first and my car was running faster then both my competition that day!! i was pissed.

so that brings me to this week. now im in the running for 2nd and im .3 points ahead of 3rd place because of my last loss. he wins saturday by .3 seconds which puts him .3 pionts ahead of me. and sunday i took it back! he kept coning it and of course i coned once and it was a run .6 faster then my fastest. anyways i beat him by .5 seconds. so it put me .7 points ahead of him for 2nd.

our class was probably the most competitive out of all of them. i was 3 points behind 1st. which i had 3 bad days cuz of the wheel flying off and axle breaking. and .7 points splitting 2nd and 3rd! he was pretty upset lol. but were all pretty decent acquaintances, and it was definitely a fun competition! nobody was ever consistently better then anyone else. and all 2 of us had 4 first place wins. lol

now just nationals! which i know i wont beat the turbed civic... lol because it on a road course

541 - 555 of 555 Posts