New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was searching around for some places to pick up pieces to do an ATX to MTX swap and came across something rather strange. I was looking on AutoZone's website for pieces and clicked on Manual Transmission. Apparently, their is a Midwest Transmission that fits a '99-'00 cougar? I searched the forums for possible matches on this sort of thing but I came up with nothing but stuff from the Midwest chapter.

After I found this strange information, I figured I'd check the internet for a legit Midwest Transmission company and came across their home page. After looking around a little bit, I clicked on diagrams and navigated to the Ford compatible selection and checked the first transmission, MTX 5spd. The diagram of the transmission looks to be almost the exact same as the MTX-75.

Not like I'm going to spend time on jumping into possibly getting it to fit, if it truly would work on a Duratec. I'm more concerned with anyone else noticed this.

Please try to keep the discussion on topic as much as possible. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
And I checked the Autozone site, too, and there is indeed a listing for the Midwest Transmission MTX-75 for our Cougars...

Just their MidWest Site, doesn't have the diagram of Our Mtx-75...:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.