New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question but can you change the color of all the green lights in the middle consul to a different color. Trip computer, climate controls, audio system, ect.

Yes I am stupid but exactly what are the LEDs. Is it the odometer light??????

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The LED's are in the doors, the window and door lock switches. PM Crispy, I believe she did what you want to do. Even if she didn't, she's the Interior Mod queen, so I'm sure she can help.

Edit: apparent Easter Egg Poisoning

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Door lock switches, window buttons, hatch release button, and rear defrost buttons all have green LEDs in them. You can buy different color LEDs from Radio Shack, be sure to get T1 (3mm) sizes. Open your buttons and snip out the stock ones, then solder in the new ones. It takes all of about ten minutes to swap them all out.

The AC knobs are not possible at the moment, and if you want to change your face gauge lights, you need to get new faces. The headlight knob can be done too, just remove the sticker and carefully scrape off the green film, then recover with a different color film.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Try your local craft store. Crafts & Stuff near me sells this clear/colored film that is sticky on one side. Basically a big clear/colored sticker, the size of a peice of paper. It comes in different colors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts