New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
emmm..... not my cup of tea. I prefer the topless version still.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Awsome! I hate Convertables with a passion.
The only thing I don't like are the tack on fender flares. They better throw a turbo in there.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
looks like a baby verious of a rx7 and rx8 mixed... so in that case i like the look but it better have some punch or it is worthless

·
Registered
792 Posts
I like it. The nose is really hideous, but other than that, I definitely like it. It'll be one of the only small, cheap RWD coupes on the market.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
when i worked at ford, i seen more than one newer miata with a 3L Duratec stuffed in there... i even read a review by an auto mag who drove the 3L miata and they said that mazda did a good job of stuffing a big engine in it and still keeping the handling abilities of miatas pass

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
This is why when my mom wants to sell her 90 Miata.. im gonna snatch it up and stuff one of these 3L swap in it...

... yea I wish.. but it sounds like fun! I couldnt even imagine 200+ hp in a miata.. and the torque to match!

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
why stop at a 3.0L... you can actually make a ford 302 or 351 fit in a miata... it's been done MANY times... only problem is it kills the handling of the car, but a light car like that with a souped up 5L V8 will scream :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my guess is the only V8 that will fit in a Miata would be OHV types. The 4.6 will be too wide. besides, 200 hp is plenty for a Miata.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
About a month ago i was in a car show... THIS car was parked a few cars down :biggrin: :bowdown:

5.0L v8, needless to say, I'm sure the engine bay went through some modifications to get it to fit in there.
but when he just "tapped" the gas when reversing into his parking space... no joke, i thought the world was coming to and end! heh, it was sooo badass :evil:

but yah, check out the pictures!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by: Jorgen
looks like a baby verious of a rx7 and rx8 mixed... so in that case i like the look but it better have some punch or it is worthless
i was thinking RX-8 when i saw it....same design thoughts

also agree that it does have some porsche lines too

·
Administrator
8,299 Posts
I really like this angle:

But I would hold out until 2005 for the 2006 model:

As for stuffing other engines into a miata ... how about an LS1:evil::

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts