New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering for anyone who bought a hoodscoop from Wayne....What do you use to get the mesh to stick to the inside of the scoop? And I went to have it installed and the guy said he had no idea how to put it on.. :confused: I was going to silkaflex it but now i want to screw it in....i think you just have to use the 3 points underneath right?

thank u,
Carolyne

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I don't know who Wayne is, however, if you're talking about the trianglular hood scoop from Visteon like most are, the screen mesh attaches easily.

Flip it over upside-down and place the mesh so the 3 holes line up with the 3 plastic stems sticking up. Push the grills holes over the stems and using a soldering gun, heat them up and push them down so the plastic mushrooms over the holes. This is called heat-staking.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
or you could just go to home depot and buy some speed-nuts...put the mesh over the plastic stems and put some speed nuts on the stems. If you don't have the plastic stems, there's plenty of adhesives out there you could use.

Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Ok the one i bought was a replica and i do not have the plastic stems. As for speed nuts..only one thing comes to mind ;) .Anyways i think an adhesive would be best...but i ws just wondering which you think is the strongest??? i just want to make sure its sticks for good.
thanks,
Caro

edited for spelling...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hot glue!!! that's what i used to hold in all of the mesh on my dragon z bumper. the mesh is still holding as strong as the day i installed it. plus hot glue is cheap and quick to use.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wow hot glue eh? Something as simple as that and I've been killing myself on how to hold the mesh onto my No Limit Grill...think it'll work on that? Right now I've got ties holding it onto the grill.

Mike

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you seriously wouldn't believe that i used hot glue on my car unless you looked behind the bumper. whenever i told people about it, they were like 'ya right'. then they seen it and they were in shock. hot glue is the best:thumbsup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's a good idea rista, I would have never thought of that to hold anything on my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.