New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried running a search and I couldn't find anything so I hope someone can help me. Is there a good way to attach gutter guard, or similar screen material for all three grilles on a 99 cougar without using the factory grilles? I've seen it done but I'm not sure how to attach it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I think you may have misunderstood what I am asking, I DO NOT want to use the factory grille. I know you use the plastic ties for that but I'm not sure how you would attach those to the bumper.
Maybe I'm just not getting what your trying to say.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
It was a little bit of a process, but I had to remove the factory fog lamps, remove front bumper, and roll out the gutter guard onto the openings which I completely removed all stock grilles, then bent the guard till it shapes to edge of openings on the inside so its all flush, then screw the remaining overhang into the bumper form(white plastic inside front bumper)replace with aftermarket 85watt PIAA fog lights,and there ya have it, as for the top grill, just cut and bent the metal till it fits-

EDIT- I dont reccomend the high watt fogs, in the pic i had them, but i replaced them with some WAL-MARTS...****ty but they work..the higher wattage just meant needing to replace most of the factory wires.

·
Registered
507 Posts
hey luckydog, what do toy do when one of those unlucky day, fog light burn out????

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You are thinking that I have the plate on the bottom of the front bumper...that peice of plastic flew off while I was checking how fast I could get the car to go at 3am on Beltway 8. So i can take the light off in about 2 minutes or less :biggrin:

Had some more pics here.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i asked cause you said grill was placed from behind bumper cover

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hey, ya know whats really funny....I was looking at the front this morning and my left fog light is full of water:flushed:, so I guess ill be replacing them with the PIAA afterall with a new wire set. You get what you pay for, and I paid for crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts