New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sounds like u r on your way in might I say the best color of the cougars.

Since it looks like u r doing pretty well in the cosmetic department I would think performance would be youe next step.

Next I would get Coilovers since it doesn't look like u have springs.
Intake(if u have a 5-speed I have an intake for sale that woudl work great)
Strut bars rear and front(I have a front bar for sale)
headers or gutted precats
Nitrous kit(also have this for sale)
Rims(I have some 17's for sale)

Yes this is another sorry attempt to sell my stuff

·
Registered
95 Posts
Right on, my thoughts exactly...CC has these ground control coilovers for $409, I was considering those. The thing that's been on my mind for a while has been intake, are all made equal? The intakes on CC seem to be...at the least, extensive, but am I going to get the same noticable performance from the WR $300 package, or a $200 one? Which intake system would you suggest?

Neale.

·
Super Moderator
22,202 Posts
from all the things Ive heard, the weapon R is not the way to go. I bought an injen from a guy in OH for $40, just need to buy some new hoses, nother $20-$30. they all are about the same performance wise but for $200 you can get the GMK cold air intake full kit and be at the top end performance wise over say an injen new at $169. so if you can get one used do that, otherwise go for the full on GMK

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Avoid the Weapon R stuff, I have heard nothing but bad things about it. Also if you go with just a short ram I loved my AEM it was great also the Injen is nice. But If you want to do a cold air go with the GMK seems like a great piece and if I didn't have the older CAI I would have purcahsed that GMK.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
:banana: yesssss another person from Evansville!

There is another person that I got to sign up here that goes to USI. He goes by evilleadam, but I haven't seen him on here after he first signed up. He has a black cougar with "Tool" in the back window.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've seen his car around methinks, I do have a few questions, however....

1)Do you all know if I can install the "Streetglow Headlight neons" in place of my foglights?

2) What is the size needed (roughly) if one was to install a neon light bar in Z3 fenders? The Grill? ;)

3) Annnnd....what type of mesh should I get for the body kit? And where can I get it?

Will post pics in the future.

Thanks,
-Neale!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to do the strobes in your fogs, but with a full kit u won't have the stock fogs anymore so why do it?

I'm thinking a 6" bar will do fine

I think APC sells the mesh since you need a big piece that is probably where I would get it. I'm not sure of other places that sell it. I thought the drift kit came with the mesh though

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Registration for CougarFest hasn't opened yet, they are working on the site. Hopefully it will soon tho. :)

I have been thinking of getting that CAI too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kinda figured as much :)

Welps, a week and two days ordering-the-mods day, sleep is growing short :p
Little question, since I'm the Cougarfest virgin here, will I be seeing older model (early 90's-ish) cougars making an appearance? And will we be convoying up there? ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,202 Posts
Im pretty sure that all of us hoosiers except mary are CF virgins. It is mainly 99-02 cougars since apparently back when fastcougar.com got started there was a big to do with the fox body cougar guys because our cougars are not real cougars. I know that my dad wants to bring his 88 cougar to run down the drag strip

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
This year will be my third CF. :biggrin: They are a blast and I am glad it will be here this year.

This is an event for 99-02 Cougars. People bring other cars but usually they are asked to park separate from our cars. As far as track events, you would have to ask the committee but I am almost sure the same will hold true.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, my first CF. HCKC last year was awesome, so I can only imagine this will be better. Even though the car will be pretty much stock...unless for some reason I change my mind like Mary says i will and start moddin again. All I know is this year I don't want to end up like I did at HCKC, since Friday night and Saturday night are pretty much complete blurs after maybe 9pm...oh well it was fun, I think!:banghead:

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Neale, I just noticed your part about caravaning. I am planning to go up Thursday about 2 or 3. Most people plan to arrive in Indy afternoon/early evening. If we can talk Adam into going, we could make a little caravan to Indy.

Jeremy, if you are checking in here, do you think anybody from KY/TN will be coming up thru this way?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts