New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the day off of work so I've been doing some surfing and read about the winter meet. This got me to thinking. In 2002 I planned meets throughout the year, but in the beginning of 2003 I made the decision not to plan meets (besides Mini-Fest II) for personal reasons. Well for 2003 meets for the most part were,,, well in a word, "sparse." We had some good meets at the end of this year, but that didn't happen until after Mini-Fest and before that we had almost no meets.

My question to all of you is this, would you like me to plan meets again in 2004. Keep in mind I don't intend on planning all meets, maybe 3 or 4 plus Mini-Fest III. A couple ideas I had are: a Drive-In Movie Meet, Magic Mountain Meet (in Columbus like in 2002), Mod Meet, Car Show Meet (either one we could enter or one we just go to like World of Wheels in Columbus), and a Cookout Meet (I know my in-laws are up for hosting one).

Let me know what you all think. I really think next year can be the best year for Ohio NECO, but without meets that wont happen, besides, I really missed seeing everyone every month or so.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
if your up for planning the meets, i think that would be great. im up for hosting a mod meet again if that anyone wants that. but i think it would be great to have someone just take charge and do it! go for it!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I don't have any objections to it. As you know i'm always up to meeting up with everyone and bull****ting. The whole ski/snowboarding events i'm still deciding whether or not i want to try. But regardless i'm ready to meet again.

Norwalk here has a drive-in movie theatre. Not sure if you've had a meet at a good one already. The one here is alright. Like $7 a person for 2 movies, so the price is good. But the place is a bit run-down. Only problems i can think of is finding a place for all of us to meet up before we head there. The theater doesn't annouce what movies it's playing till the prior week. So time to plan accordingly is short. And we would have to arrive extra super early just so all of us could ensure that we get a good spot and keep the pack together. Not to mention that's one hell of a drive for people down in southern ohio just to see a couple movies. If it came down to it i suppose i could call and see if they'll let us in a little earlier than the rest seems how we will be all together. And also maybe see if we can get some kind of a car club discount...but don't hold your breath on that part...

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
that would be sweet if you could hook that up brian. have you been to the theatre before?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Oh yeah, plenty of times. I especially love the $7 per person for two movies. That's a great deal compared to the indoor theaters in sandusky, plus it's closer. But like i said, the place is run down looking. I almost dispise having to go take a piss. Instead of seperate urinals all they have is this tub looking thing with a drain in the middle. I hate those. God forbid you have to take a ****... The food in the concession stand isn't too bad if not a bit overpriced...but that's expected in any theater. But i usually bring my own condements with me. Hell, they even still have most of the those small poles that have the speakers attached to them.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
it sounds pretty cool other than the urnal thing. i actually have a drive in movie theatre speraker that works in my room. its tight. i can hang it on my bed frame very nicely too!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I liked the Bowling think we did in November of 2002. I had loads of fun!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bowling pisses me off. I can't seem to get a ball to go straight down a lane. We got a drive-in theatre over here too; Clinton for you locals. It's all kinds of cheap and so is the food from what I remember. You can't beat $7.00 for 2 movies.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Arent the drive-in closed until spring? (I dunno cause the last one my friend and went to was at the end of Oct. We saw Texas chainsaw and cabin fever)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
More than likely all the ones around here are. Mostly cause of the winter months.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the Drive-In idea was for the summer months. As far as the bowling meet we could definitely do another Mini-Meet in Jan/Feb or make it an official meet in the summer (possibly in the summer use a bowling alley that also has stuff like put-put golf and volley ball). Another mod meet at Aaron's would also be great. Is anyone interested in another AutoCross meet or is that something where the interested drivers have been there, done that and not interested in doing it again? Hopefully they will do another Rallye (for those that haven't heard about the one we did in 2002 it's not like on TV, but still very very fun). I'm going to talk to my in-laws about the cookout idea (they also have a finished basement with a pool table, dart board, bar and big screen tv).

Keep the ideas coming people. I think it would be great if we could plan out a lot of the meets for next year in the next couple of months so that we have a set schedule and people can make plans to be there ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
What about a big cook out meet and get together with the Contour group? Kind of like Summit Racing meet but not so divided from each other. Tho it was funny to see them and us run over to each others cars once a majority group left them to go into Summit Racing. Hey what if we have it at Summit Racing again?
(unlike mine, dont have it when it rains.. :-/ )

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I say yes Jason start planning the meets again.
2003 had meets with very few people.
More meets will give people more of a chance
to make it to them.

Bowling pisses me off. I can't seem to get a ball to go straight down a lane
Do what I did when we all went bowling. Drink heavily!:beer:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
Drink heavily!:beer:
That's always a great back up plan!

T

·
0 Posts
Ah drinking, that cause of, and soltution to, all of life's problems.

I for one cannot bowl good unless I've had at least 2 beers. But that's just me and I may be a raving alcoholic. Let me check.....

yup just finished another beer, must be.

K

1 - 16 of 16 Posts