1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet: Jan 3rd-4th, 2003

Place: My location in Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Time: Saturday January 17th or Sunday January 18th, 2004
Plans: Get together. NECO Member RacerX will be flying in to assist myself with the beginning of the RHD Conversion onto ProjectCougar. I have also spoke with Trevor (FastCougar) about linkage on the MTX75.
The only thing that would halt these initial plans on the RHD would be the failure to arrive RHD Brake Booster Components. These are key parts that need to arrive inorder for the car's Motor to be reassembled and the RHD Building to begin. However if these parts do not arrive, we can still begin the dismantling of the LHD stuff from the vehicle. All work will be performed in my 2 car garage (1 vehicle) with the assistance of heat :)

Ideas: It has really been a VERY LONG time since I have planned a meet. I want to ensure that everyone is happy and feels 100% welcomed. If there is anything I can do before hand to make this happen, please let me know. The type of chips, burgers, dogs or beverages (Alcoholic or not), stuff like that just let me know. I have plenty of space for everyone to come over. Depending on the number of cars on this turnout, everyone should be able to fit in the driveway, if not I have alternate parking area at my house.

PM Me for more info or simply post here.

Directions:

Coming from 95 N or 95 S
Take Exit 133. Exit is Route 17 North to Warrenton and Route 17 Business to Falmouth.... TAKE FALMOUTH Exit
Continue on Route 17 Business. You will pass a few used car dealerships to your right, then you will hit a stop light where there is a Arbys to your left. Continue through that stop light...
You will begin to start down a large hill... stay in your left lane.
You will come upon a stop light. This stop light is for the Intersection of Route 1. You should notice Noble Cars (Mercedes Dealership) across the intersection.
Continue straight through this light. You will begin up a hill.
Continue about 1 mile. You will come upon another stop light as the single lane now turns to dual lane. Remain in your left lane. To the left of you at this stop light you should see a WaWa gas station. Unless you need gas. continue straight through the stop light.
You will go over a bridge... when the left turn lane appears, get in that lane. At the stop light, make the left turn. You will now be on a road called Deacon Rd.
As soon as you make the left, pay attention because you are going to make your FIRST RIGHT. This is called Ridge Pointe, however there is no street sign right now.
Once you make the right, follow that road to the stop sign. (When coming up ridge pointe, it appears to some people that the road goes left and right... if it appears like this to you, stay to you left)
At the stop sign, if you look to your left you should see all the people at my house, if not make the left and my house is the 3rd driveway on the right. It is the only house which sits sideways.
Call my cell number if you need help. If you do not have my cell number, PM me for it

Thanks
James

·
Registered
63 Posts
RE: Meet: Jan 3rd-4th, 2004

i would like to come out and join you if i could. i'd like to see your car in real life and not just in magazines. maybe learn a few tricks for my car.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
RE:Meet: Jan 3rd-4th, 2004

Damn... if it was the 10th-11th i could go :banghead:

Or if it was the 17th-18th i'd be down for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Looks like those dates may happen Don.... I am still awaiting on the entire RHD Brake Booster System to arrive

·
462 Posts

I'm off the entire weekend of the 17th. :biggrin: From 4:00 Friday to 8:00 Tuesday... :banana:
If you change it to that weekend, I'll definitely be down.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
RE: Meet: Jan 3rd-4th, 2004

I have to be here on the 11-12-13th... make it another weekend and I will start checkin flights.. I would love to help..

·
Registered
4,959 Posts

Even Jan 3rd-4th will work for me now... i've been getting forced to work too many double shifts at work, so i want to blow off next Saturday 1) to get even for taking away my Christmas dinner, and 2) so that Uncle Sam doesn't rape me.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
:cool:

i'll be down for sure unless it snows 2 feet or another emergency. i guess i'll be making the Red Death. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I have the GMCI Christmas party on the 17th... I am guarenteed to win several trophies - let me find out if I have to be present to win - I doubt you guys want to change the date again just on my account..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I still need a date for the Christmas Party too -- wanna fly down and be my date and see what Bobby Mull and his Dad say about that? :rofl:

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At this time the dash is out, the cross member removed and the steering column completely gone.... I still need to get the Heater core and AC Box out of the car and start cleaning up some wires.... The car is now sitting appox 12 inches off the ground on 4 jack stands (Craftsman 3.5 Ton Each). It is my goal tomorrow to purchase some bricks for under the wheels for extra insurance while working underneath.... All the bolts to the firewall except the heater core have been loosen, however the pedals are still connected to the brake booster and clutch assembly. Will look into removing that tomorrow...

On a side note... on the 17-18th, who all would need a place to stay?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think I might be able to make it then! Mandatory Saturdays at work don't start until the end of the month. I don't think I'd need a place to stay :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts