New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I beat him? There is this kid at work who wants to race. There is also another guy in town who always revs at me going the other direction. Do I have a chance?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I4 MTX Cougar vs ATX GT: The Cougar should win.
V6 ATX Cougar vs ATX GT: The Cougar should win.
V6 MTX Cougar vs ATX GT: An easy win for the Cougar.

I4 MTX Cougar vs ATX GT-S: The Cougar should win.
V6 ATX Cougar vs ATX GT-S: The Cougar should win.
V6 MTX Cougar vs ATX GT-S: The Cougar should win.

Actually if you have a MTX you will have no problem with either the GT or the GT-S ATX Celica. The only way for a GT-S Celica is for the driver to know exactly what they are doing. In order to get the GT-S to run those awesome times that they can is to take it over redline, which you really can't do properly in an ATX.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Oh, I didn't mention the MTX Celica because the one he asked about is an ATX. But from my experience and what I know...

It would take a MTX V6 Cougar to beat a MTX GT-S, and the Cougar would have to be driven by someone who knows that car and the Celica would have to be driven by someone who knew nothing about it in order for the Cougar to win. Drivers being equal the Celica GT-S will beat a V6 MTX Cougar. The Celica is a tough car to race though, because to get to peak HP and make sure you are still at a high enough rpm when you shift, you have to take it past redline. If you shift a Celica GT-S at a shift point under red line it will lose to a V6 MTX Cougar if the Cougar driver knows the car. But like I said all things being equal the GT-S is a faster car...not top end though. At high speeds I walked away from a GT-S.

As for the GT Celica MTX, a MTX V6 or I4 Cougar should be able to beat it quite easy. I am not sure about a MTX GT vs an ATX V6 Cougar, that would be fun to watch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I4 is a close race to a gt celica....my best friend has one...we have raced many times....i have an intake and exhaust and he just has an intake...we both have full body kits and both have the exact same system so it is a pretty fare race. We both have MTX so it all depends on who gets the better start...sometimes i win and sometimes he wins...so a V6 Mtx should be able to walk him

·
Registered
591 Posts
lol...my sis has a auto GT...while a fun car to drive (especially with the INJEN CAI, that bumped up power by quite a bit!), it can't match the cougar for power. The MTX GT is <u>supposed</u> to be quick enough to challenge our car, but I dunno...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AN auto GT you'd kill...it's like racing a lighter Corolla. The GT-S though.....well, everyone knows my opinion on that

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry RiceKiller...I've been busy at work...sorry to let you down

A Celica GT-S auto should lose to a Cougar MTX. The aportshift auto is governed a bit. Right before it hits VVTL-i, the engine kind of pauses...this is to make the 6 speed more appealing I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thats interesting. I got this guy at work who has a friend with a GTS. So i ask him is it fast, my friend says, yes. Then he tells me its a 4 speed auto. I wonder if i can take him, i got an atx with intake, exhaust, and chip and he has no mods. What do you think. Im goin to celica board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmph. This chickie at a party first tried to put the moves on my man. Unimpressed was I, but even more unimpressed when she opined that her manual 2001 Celica-GT could wipe the floor with my auto 2001 Cougar V6.

What do you think?

Gotta kick her ass. It is a matter of feminine pride.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Fett I will have to disagree with this statement
"I4 MTX Cougar vs ATX GT-S: The Cougar should win." NO
"V6 ATX Cougar vs ATX GT-S: The Cougar should win." NO

But this is true

V6 MTX Cougar vs ATX GT-S: The Cougar should win.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize that I said that the I4 Cougar MTX would beat an ATX GT-S, that was a mistake. I meant to say that the GT-S would win.

But I still stick to an GT-S ATX vs Cougar V6 ATX, the Cougar should win. To get the Celica to get those awesome numbers they can put up you have to really race the **** out of the engine, going pretty far over redline. This is not something you can really do with an ATX. I have never driven an ATX Cougar, so I really don't know what they can do, but just from the numbers I have seen the Cougar should win. Just like MTX vs MTX, people seem to think that the Celica just can not be beat by a Cougar, that is not true. The Cougar is an easy as hell car to drive/race, where as the Celica is not. From what I have been told it is actually a very hard car to race. So unless the Celica driver really knows what he is doing, the Cougar should win. Unfortunatly most Celica drivers have figured out the Celica and they win, but not every time.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I agree, Fett. I BARELY lost to an auto Celica GT-S in my stock 96 Honda Civic. It was almost dead even 0-50 and then the Celica started to pull weakly.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
i beat an Auto GTS a couple weeks ago, not by a whole lot but i beat him. WE did it 3 times, and the same outcome everytime

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.