New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a race last weekend, and was just enjoyin all the draggin action...when this brand new Corvette pulls up with this red Civic, and I was like, damn, this Civic is gonna get toasted...well, what do you know...when the stagin light turned green, the civic launched like crazy and had the Vette by like one car lenth basically the whole race, it was near the end that the vette caught up. When the civic blow off the Vette in the start, everyone started throwin garbages and booin to it...while I was thinkin..mabye I should get a hatch too...and how that guy in the Vette must'v feel like he's doen something wrong to spend all that money and lost to a tin can

go there and read the article if you are interested....

http://www.racemode.com/showcoverage/isopening-2001/Index.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, no way he was trying, the corvette could have given the civic a start and toasted the civic. 345hp and 350 torque compared to 127hp and 114 lb torque? if its true, that civic might have have a turbo, nos AND a supercharger.

·
2,589 Posts
was it a hb?..my b/f wants 2 build a hybrid hb..so i hear all 'bout 'em

alright..i read somewhere that this is totally possible..that civic might have had a supercharger & what-not..but still, it can smoke a 'vette, which in my opinion is purty cool.

my b/f has an si w/ only intake & exhaust & was running 9's & 10's at 1/8 mile track..soo, i think a h/b w/ some more mods could take a 'vette.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I totally believe it. There are more than just a few civic hb's out there that kick some serious a$$. At the strip the other weekend, I saw a '92-'95 hb run a freakin' 13 flat!! It sounded the part, too, but you would never know by looking at it. Lowered, 14" chrome wheels, that was it....but as soon as you hear it rev, you know you're toast. I'm kicking myself for not checking out the motor.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
r u seriously thinking about trading your beautiful car for that POS Civic hatchback?!?!?

arrrrgh!!
what is this world coming to?!?

(sorry, just mad from another post...the 1 about radar jammers)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Money can buy you anything. For the money that guy put into his $15k Civic, he could have bought a Vette. But I guess everyone has one of those...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well said Fuzzy, I agree. If you want to go into drag racing on a budget, you can't beat the cheap-o tankmobile. Back-seat luvin' is more comfortable in those, too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ditto APTCSVT. My Buddy just bought a 94 Corvette for $25000 Canadian, with 80 000 Km on it. I bet that Honda Civic is worth more with all the mods. Why didn't he just buy a fast car to begin with......Anyway.

·
Registered
728 Posts
its just the thrill of building that little engine to be as fast as v6's and v8's.
of course you can get some good numbers modding v8's but its just amazing getting into 9's and 10's with inline 4's.
a hatchback will cost about 10000-13000 probably even less.
most likely they'll get a B18c Gsr(170) or type-r(195) engine swap.
then some engine mods like camshafts and cams and built internals.
then some kind of forced induction.
all that power with a lightweight car will be fast, i think that should get you into the high 12's-13's, street legal

they even have all motor civics or crx's running 11's, but not street legal

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
CBASS...most mods do not make your car worth more. if anything, many of them decrease your car's value. that's why I'm keeping my car stock except for some Alba or Concept Neeper rims and an SVT exhaust. or maybe maybe a custom leather interior with front power seats and sunroof. I so would have ordered them myself but I bought the car used.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hell, my 16-second Cougar is not street legal

·
Registered
142 Posts
anyone see the car and drive mag where they raced a focus svt against a zo6 vette and the focus kept right along with it?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I read that article...two corrections:

it was a Motor Trend mag (I'm pretty sure)
it was a Ford Racing Focus...completely different. The SVT has 170 hp and costs $18k. the FR Focus has 350 hp, a hideous wing, and is not for sale (yet).

anyways, the article was interesting b/c they said that the Focus was easier to drive around the racetrack than the Vette. I was truly, if reluctantly, impressed. however, chicks dig the Vette, so I gotta say I like it better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this is a 10 second civic we are talkin bout boys....its all striped inside....don't know if its got turbo and any engine work done...but trust me, the Vette tried...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.