New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i dont know who reads my posts but i was gonna get airbags but due to the weather coming up i am gonna wait till spring to get the bags and just get coilovers till like march...i was about to order the groundcontrols from customcougars but then i saw the matrix ones on here goin for like 150 or so shipped and i was like why spend 409 on the ground controls? i need to know whether or not the matrix coilovers are any good? i mean will they last me until march with no problem? and this may be dumb but with the matrix coils i will be able to raise and lower the car right? let me know asap
Thanks guys

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
You can raise and lower them fine. And they should last you with no problems. I've been riding on them since March.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
they should fit the 01/02 same as doing GC's. You have spanner wrenhes t o raise and lower it. But its pretty easy once you get the car lifted.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
No the GC has a screw that you lossen and spin with your hands. The matrix you have to use the wrenches which are a pain. Why buy C/O when your gonna put bags on? Winter and C/O dont make sense to me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Where would one purchase a set of these coilovers from exactly?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: CATerina
Why buy C/O when your gonna put bags on?
I was wondering about this myself. Why waste money the coilovers when they are only going to be in your car for a few months. Then you'll have to go thru the pains of replacing them with the airbag setup. Not worth the hassle IMO. I'm sure it won't hurt your car to sit at stock height till spring time.
And if you absolutely have to go that route. Why buy a brand new set? Go to the For Sale section and buy a used set or go on ebay like DgnZCoug said. Or you could place a post in the Want to Buy section.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
this kid never makes sense too me. im gonna buy the oem carbon fiber hood fo winter because i want to get a predator hood for spring and i want cf on my car for winter.... WHY!!!!!!!!

buy matrix and put the bags on. when spring comes sell them to me. ill come pick them up. im only like an hour away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts