New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
are you sure they aligning??i wuold think that if you were careful taking them out that they would not need adjusting..those screws are pretty tight...i would have to say take it to a dealer or a shop of some sort..i am not to sur other wise..i think if you are 20 feet from a wall your lights should be like 4" lower then the hieght to the centre of the beam on your car...or something like that..but if i am not mistakin our light s have built in levels on them...i would think to check those and turn the crews accordingly..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
You need to look on the backside of the headlights and you'll see the screws that you need to turn. The manual does say how to do it look again, because I don't remember if you do the vertical first, or horizontal first.

Mike

·
Registered
656 Posts
You do the vertical first.

Adjusting those headlights is a grand pain in the ass. I found it was easier if you did it at night, against a wall, with no exterior lighting present, (ie: exterior house floodlights, etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.