New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO yesturday me and Angie made an adventure out to Edgerton Ohio(south west of Toledo) to pick up our new Enzo.

We finally made it back to our place and its the best!

He is a little beagle puppy his name is of coarse Enzo! He is still kinda shy, but he loves us and follows us everywhere. He is going to the vet tomorrow for a puppy check up or whatever. Me and angie never had a puppy before, so we are kinda unsure of what to do. Any tips? His is 8 weeks old.

Tony

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Any pics of the puppy yet?

As for tips, well, it's been many years sine i've had a dog. And i can't really remember anything about taking care of one. But i can't imagine it being much different from any other pet. Be sure to train it though. Trained dogs are awesome.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ooo!! hes sooo cute!! the bath pic reminds me soo much of when jacob was a puppy!

as for tips: if hes a howler or a whinner when its time for bed, get an alarm clock that ticks and wrap it up in a fuzzy blanket
then he will think its his mother.. the ticking will remind him off her (also works on human babies too)

Anways Congrads on the new addition!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That dog is amazing. I've always had at least one dog growing up. My tip for you - cage train them. When you go to bed and to work, leave him in his cage. He'll learn he's not supposed to potty in his living space. It might take a month or so of him howling at night, but it's worth it.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts
I'm with Diane. Nothing worse than coing home to a house full of dog crap and destroyed personal effects.

Both of my dogs love their crates. Just be sure to always make going into it a pleasant experience by rewarding him.

It's the best thing anyone could do for their dog(s).

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far he has been pretty good. At night he whimpers when he wants to be taken out so we just let him sleep with us. We let him out before bed, and the morning. And a few times at night we he wakes up to go out.
I guess it sounds like a lot but from what I am told they just cant hold it for very long. We really only had 1 accident in the house so I am pretty pleased. It was easly cleaned so no biggie.

He definately does NOT like the cage LOL

anyways all that matters is that he loves us and everyone is happy and fed 8)

Tony

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Congrats Tony and Angie. I cant wait to come stay with you again. I love beagles. Training them? I dunno. Holly (beagle-lab) pretty much trained us so my advise might just be to have you two be in charge and not the dog. Holly is great though and Ive often wanted to get a beagle for her to play with since that seems to be a type of dog she likes and gets along with. (she tries to destroy anything larger than her:thumbsup: ) She did have a local beagle friend a while back but now has nobody. Maybe they should meet when yours gets older :wave:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the guy i got our dog from had 2 other beagle puppies for sale. I can give you his number if you interested. The all looked healthy, they were out side though :( he did have a ton of dogs. I guess this dog has papers and everything (pure breed). So maybe that means the guy really knows dogs and just has to keep them outside. Anyways talk to you later!

Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts