New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I'm from Maine and I was wondering how many other guys from Maine have cougars?

Too bad Maine doesn't have a NECO meet...in like Bangor...midstate.

I'd love to hang out, drink some beers, and talk cougars.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Mmmm beer..

Hi newbie! Welcome to NECO!

Ok.. I saw that on another post and I thought it was funny...

Yes, I relize you aren't completely newbie-ish..

But hi nonethless.. oh and I live in Texas so I'm out..

·
Administrator
11,633 Posts
MC is the only member I know from Maine. I rarely see him on tho.

He drives a Zn "Sun & Sound" package Cougar. Basicly one of the only ways to get a 99-00 model Cougar in yellow. It also has embroidered leather seats w/the Cougar head in the headrest & the indash 6-disc CD player.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am also from Maine and live in Rockland which is like 2hrs from Bangor(if u drive the limit) and there aren't many peeps with cougars that are modded at all mine is actually the only one I have seen so far...and I'm looking for a NECO to join but the one closest to me is mass/conn and thats quite a ways away so if anyone knows of one let me know

Jess:wave:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jesslynn...you have any pics of your cougar online?

I live in Northern Maine... 3 hours North of Bangor...A few people have cougars up here but nobody has any mods or anything but me...the most people have are cougar mudflaps and tinted windows haha...not bad..:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey no I dont have any pics on here besides the pics of my angel eyes but you cant see my car in them, will be taking pics shortly and posting them before it snows hopefully...by the way what NECO did u join?later:biggrin:

Jess

G

·
I work down around Portland, and live near Auburn
and i have seen one other person on these boards
from the Standish area.

I have seen many Coug's (10 or more in this area, none heavily modded)
and there are several for sale at Norman Lincoln Mercury in Westbrook.

I have no pictures of mine, because as you can see from my sig
it would be pics of a Cougar in it's natural state of beauty :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah there a lot with nothing done to them and I remember when my car looked like that....I actually bought my car from Norman-David but I hate that place.....I took it there and told them that my wheel bearing was shot and they told me it wasn't it was the tire rubbing which it was and then I got in my accident the next day coming back from Import Wars @ New England Dragway and when my dad picked it up after being fixed he barely made it to Norman David cuz it was shot completely and he reamed them a new one cuz I told them that was what was wrong and they didnt fix it

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't joined any NECO..like I'm gonna drive 16 hours to meet ppl haha..no...where are the pics of your angel eyes? I wanna see your car. Any performance mods on your car as of right now?

·
Registered
92 Posts
do earch in vids/pics and type in angel eyes its under my new angel eyes, and no I have not done any performance mods to it yet and don't know if I will since I plan on just showing the car...may do cold air and was thinking about a turbo but really no point in doing that due to the cars heavyness plus being and auto has it's downs...I baby my car soon much I havent really given much thought to the performance end of it

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just did the search...they look real good...never met a girl who knows how to take apart headlights ;)...can i ask how old you are? haha

...and how did you get into bodykits...cars...etc. ??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah they came out ok they could have been better but it was one of those got really bored one day and did it deals.....I've always loved cars I grew up with a bunch of guys and have always got along with guys more than girls plus my dad has been a mechanic for like 30 years or so and I'd go to the garage with him and mess around with my car and help him....and have got to the point now where at night I can tell what kid of car it is by the headlights 99% of the time.....I've always been into bodykits,rims etc all along but more now that I have a car that I can really do stuff to and rims will be the last thing on my to do list:tongue:
Jess:wave:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same thing here 'cept dad's not a mechanic...but i have always hung out with girls over guys because girls are hot and that usually tends to make things more fun. And you are how old? ...just wondering ;) I l ike to visualize who i talk to... you could be an old lady (70 - 80) who likes cougars... which would be ok too.......

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah I choose guys over girls most always cuz girls like to stab me in the back....not many guys have done that....and I'm 21 will be 22 in march still got long time ahead of me hopefully done some pretty dumb things that I shouldnt be here for but thats besides the point right now my main focus is getting my car to shows starting this spring at New England Dragway in Epping NH which is a good deal for me cuz my mom lives20 from Dover NH and Epping is like 30-45min from there cuz I know all the back roads but they start in April and hopefully my car will be done by then:biggrin:

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
WOW! Maine Huh??

I am from NY and I am always looking for opportunities to travel.
Too bad you mentioned this so late in the year. I dont want to drive my car in snow but I would definitely travel to Maine for a long weekend or something. Maybe in the Spring or something as long as there are some lodging possibilities.

I am open to the idea, all I need are Cougars, beer, and chicks.....In that order..... these days anyway.

Later

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I know a lot of girls like that though...not liking other girls for that reason. Probably half of all girls are like that, right? 21...wow...can't wait 'till the day. I'll be 19 this coming summer. I guess I'm younger than you. ;) ...you don't have to be 21 to experience the pleasures as long as you've got lots of friends who are.... But...what else do you plan on doing to your car for shows next spring? Do you plan on replacing your stock hood with like kaminari or predator? I think the predator is sweet but I'd have to drive it in the winter...cause my cougs a daily so, that'd be real cute with snow down inside the engine bay. haha

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RedBaron1 - Yeah, I think next spring/summer 04 ... a bunch should plan a meet here in Maine someplace...I'd be there. Although I don't agree on the order you place your priorities... chicks, beer, cougars...haha

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by: Jesslynn
....and have got to the point now where at night I can tell what kid of car it is by the headlights 99% of the time.....

That right there is marriage material :hitit:

Anyways, I am one of those Mass people who does the weekends in ME in the warmer months. So I will drive up there for an evening meet anytime. Even when I am not up there already. There was talk about having a meet in the OOB area, but it never materialized. :shrug:

·
Registered
92 Posts
As far as getting my car more show ready, it will be painted this winter as well as the back seats are coming out and am building a box up to the front of the trunk and will have 4 MTX 8000's there:biggrin:...as well as I may go with the Z3 fenders and Kaminari hood but that is undecided...rims will be the last on my list tongue;

My car is also my daily driver as well...which I have yet to find a beater for this winter...I need to get on that ASAP..I have 20 days till I get license back after 4 months of not being able to drive only ride in my car has drove me nutts(mind u this is the 5th time i have lost it) and with my luck it will end up snowing before then

As for having a meet somewhere here OOB would be a great spot to go I go down a lot in the summer and there are a lot of modded cars down there during tourist time have only seen one Cougar though so far but we can change that if anyone is up for it:thumbsup::biggrin:

Jess

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, OOB would be a great place to go. Nothing like pier french fries and cougars :) ...mind you, I've never even been to a car show before so having a bunch of you come from mass and ny and all those places would be f***in sweet.

Jess, I've lost my license 3 times. I've had 2 imprudent speeding tickets and then this past January I got alcohol transportation...lost my damn 20 pack as a result :( ...My b-day is July 17 and after having not had my license for 2 months I called the State for my telephone court hearing and they gave me my license back on the 17th - it was a sweet gift. I got to tear out the grand prix that i had before i bought my cougar and go for a spin...what have you had tickets for...or do i wanna know ;) haha ...let's hear the list!

Ooo, what color is your car going to be? I'd love to paint my car orange with a real bright clearcoat...damn! I'd forget about the z3 fenders and get rims + tires and kaminari hood...fenders aren't that big of a deal to me, tires add a lot more style in my opinion...for what it's worth....haha prob very little as far as your concerned.

I'm out for the night - classes in the morning...talk to ya later....good luck with the license and then findin' a beater!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts