New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea there's like 5 different sets of numbers on my MAF, which one is the serial number? I'm gonna need it for when I order my Pro-Flow MAF. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you are trying to buy a after market MAF... you can just give the the 5 sets of numbers and they can figure it out.... thatz what I did ^__^

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Part number will be something like XXXX-12B579-XX.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
yea there's like 5 different sets of numbers on my MAF, which one is the serial number? I'm gonna need it for when I order my Pro-Flow MAF. Thanks.

Mike
Mike --

You'll have to let us know whether or not you suffer the fate that so many other owners do when they install the ProFlow...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: Fett
Part number will be something like XXXX-12B579-XX.
I don't need the part number I need the serial number.

And what exactly is the "fate" I will suffer??....I need this for my SVT LIM with 19# injectors....

Mike

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Most people dont have problems with the ProFlo. I dont think your going to have any problems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You are going to get a CEL .... That's what happened to me .... I ended up buying the optimerizer with it ... yes I feel the car run alot smoother ... ^__^

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so nobody knows which number is the serial number

Mike

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
They are asking for something that makes no sense. They are trying to get your engine calibration, which they SHOULD be able to do with the engineering number (part number) as I stated above.

Here's a thought, call them and ask them what format the "serial" number should be...is it xx55xx5 or x5555x or xxxx-12b579-xx? If they know what number they need, then they should be able to tell you. However, the engineering number that I gave you should be what they need.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Actually, tell them F7RZ-12B579-AA, see if that is what they need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts