New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the MAF Optimizers but i have no idea how to mount it.
Do you just adjust the air/fuel ratio and remove it OR
Do you leave it on like the apexi?

many many thanks ^.^

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
im pretty sure you leave it on.... does it just plug into the maf, then the maf cable plugs into the optimizer?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Disconnect the harness plugged into the factory or after market mass airflow meter.
2. Connect the mass air harness to the remote optimizer junction box.
3. Connect the pigtail to the mass airflow meter.

This is what I got from the instruction. ^.^

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Um yeah, so you do what it says. :) Those are the easiest instructions I've ever read. Find your MAF, unplug the wire to the MAF. Plug the wire that was in the MAF into your optimizer, plug the optimizer into the MAF where the wire used to be......

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
norcal - I think the question is, since it stays connected, where does it go...

i think you would be fine if you just left it dangling....

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You can tuck it away in the engine bay in an area it's easy to get to but is supported...

or...

You can cut the wires, and elongate them, and then mount the optimizer in the engine bay.

I should prewarn you, tuning with this will take a long time, and is a pain in the ass. Also be careful. You can can make it lean enough that you'll knock, or rich enough that the car won't move. And DO NOT rely on an AF gauge to do the tuning. They are bot reliable, and are pretty much useless. An OBD2 scanner will help a little...

Good luck...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where can I get a MAF Optimizer?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^.^ You can ge it at http://www.spmotorsports.com/ The Optimizer is a very good product I got help form people at this forum and did a little changes and the car run very smoothy now ..keke ..thanks again guys ^.^ Totally Awsome

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yap thatz the one ... i figured out a way to mount it nice under the hood. If any of you need some pictures i'll be happy to post some up ^_____^

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
how is it? does the butt-dyno see any performance improvments?

·
Registered
897 Posts
i've got mine shoved between the wire harness and the strut tower.

and yes, you leave it on, and yes it's a pain to fine tune it.

BUT... if you're running lean enough to ping at more than 25% throttle, or rich enough to throw all sorts of codes, it's not that hard really to get it to at least a ballpark tuning.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tuned my optimizers few days back and it wasn't that hard to do.
I do feel so gain at speed especially at mid range but i have yet to dyno it to give you guys a number ^.^

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I promise you all it's much harder to tune than you think...

I tuned mie by hand, and then on the dyno. Made another 5-10hp on that dyno run...went from 163 to 167 to 173.

However the ECU is resilient to these things, and I'll through lean codes or rich codes even though I am running a perfect AF. It's a biotch...

But I like it...Be careful, cause at one point when it was tuned I was still running leaner than I thoght and had to do it all over again...

One time after I cleanied my UIM and LIM, I was getting ruch and lean codes in both O2 banks...which is impossible. I fixed it all in he end, but it;s still not perfected.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i have to wonder why you needed the optimizer, though... because unless you actually need to CORRECT for something, usually injectors, i don't see that being that necessary an item to have...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the optimizer is just like a piggy back chip which alow you to change the A/F Ratio, in doing that the RIGHT way you will get performace gain.
I pick this product over the others are because
1. Price - this product do the same as apexi S-AFC does but it is alot cheaper
2. flexiablity - this product is better then diablo , superchip or other similar product is becuase you can chnge the A/F ratio anytime without senting it back to the company to reburn the chip for 100 bucks after you upgrade any new mod
3. install was just simple as PLUGing it in the maf slot. this is alot easier than apexi that need to be tap in to the wire ^.^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts