New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made an "Angle Eye" How-To...

I made one on making the rings themselves, I don't plan on doing the electrical till this weekend but thought I'd get this out...

If someone wants to take over and take some photos & explain the steps I'll put them together in the same style as mine to keep it consistant. Just make a list of your steps & materials.

·
Administrator
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Cool, I didn't see that.

If you want I can give you some of the pictures I took for more clarity on what your describing. But I think we really need photos on the electrical part since most people might be scared by that part.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts

Hey whats the diameter of the ring, I tried measuring my soda can..
is it about 3 inches? if so.. I have something thats gonna make this
project alot easier

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts

where do you get your cans of soda... heh mine measures 8.25 inches circumference..
either way whats the diameter of the circle, the distance across the center.

·
Registered
865 Posts

it would be awesome to collab this, my cam wasn't good at taking close pix, so if you do that, and we put both how-to's together I think it'll help a lot. let me know, I have a Word version of it for easier printout if you'd like.

·
Registered
865 Posts

Originally posted by: EricF
where do you get your cans of soda... heh mine measures 8.25 inches circumference..
either way whats the diameter of the circle, the distance across the center.
damn, I just made a pair for someone, wish this was posted yesterday aso I could have measured them. lol

·
Administrator
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'm gonna work on a template that you can place under the ring. It will have lines you can just line up & dremel your notches, keeping them the same distance.

This is just a test of different sizes & depths for the notches on a botched ring:

·
Administrator
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here's a notch guide. This should provide adaquite spacing so it's distinguishable from a distance, you can place your ring over this guide and it should line up for you fine. It's not ment as a width for the notches, just spacing.

Also, those thumbnails I have up top are 500x300 so they'll be easy to read/understand.

·
Registered
865 Posts

just remember that some people will want the ring without the gap, so you may want to close the ring for a guide, just IMO.

·
Administrator
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Where will they put the LED's then?

I don't think we have the room to do it like the BMW headlights do. Where the ring meets, but both ends bend back into the headlights.

·
Registered
865 Posts
drill holes into the ends of the ring, put the LED's back to back, like what's done in the original how-to written by the crx owner. I believe CATerina did this also,I personally wanted the gap, but that was just me. the ones I recently made have the very little gap.

·
Administrator
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only opened 1 to test the brightness. And actually, it wasn't too bright cause the guy at RadioShack gave me the wrong info.

I bought a set of 3.7v 20mA, 2600mcd blue's because the guy told me they were brigher than the 1100's. I have a pair of white ones that are 1100 for another person and they're like a flashlight they're so bright. The blue LED I used there is one I took out of one of those keychain LED's, which is exactly how bright I want it to be so I'm gonna return the RadioShack ones & buy the keychains and crack them open.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.