New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tint ticket last night at the buffalo Sabres game. The cop was a real ***** and was all like "I know that you have been drinking tonight" when I had no beverage other than Pepsi the whole night, and made me stay there pulled over for like 30 mins.

I only have 35% tint on the front and that was as light as I could get it done at the time and I see my friends with double limo tint on their windows having no problems at all.

I’m just mad :mad: and now I have to fix this and have no real idea of how to go about it.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
but you knew your tint was illegal (at 35%), right? I'm sure when you had it done, and knew it was over the limit, you chose to take the chance you may get busted at some point.
You can hardly be "mad :mad:" for being caught with something thats against the law that you chose to do.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but you knew your tint was illegal (at 35%), right? I'm sure when you had it done, and knew it was over the limit, you chose to take the chance you may get busted at some point.
You can hardly be "mad :mad:" for being caught with something thats against the law that you chose to do.
That’s not what I was really mad about. He was trying to give me a ticket any way he could. he was saying that he could smell beer on me and made me get out of the car and all this stupid **** and then when he found out I was not drunk he looked at my windows and went "what kind of tint do you have on your car" and pulled out his little gizmo and wrote me up a fix it ticket.

I was doing nothing wrong while I was driving and was pulled over for being an 18 year old, that’s what it comes down to.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
I rarely drink, but have been pulled over two times (mostly on holiday nights) for "drunk driving" because I didn't use a signal, swirved reaching for something, etc... and actually was glad to see the cops pay that much attention to how people drive and are on the look out for drunk drivers. I much rather would be pulled over for a cop thinking I was one, than them not pulling over someone who was.
the point is, you had a legit reason for getting that ticket, and knew you were at rick for getting it when you put your tint on. deal with it.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Did he write you up for the rears too?
If he gave you a "fix it" or get a ticket paper..it depends on what you wanna do with it. You could find someone you know who does inspections and have them sign it and not remove the tints. OR save yourself the hassle take the fronts and leave the rears and find a shop or cop to sign the paper.

oh BTW when did you get tints? They must be new, in that case there shouldnt be too much of the glue that will be left on your windows.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I rarely drink, but have been pulled over two times (mostly on holiday nights) for "drunk driving" because I didn't use a signal, swirved reaching for something, etc... and actually was glad to see the cops pay that much attention to how people drive and are on the look out for drunk drivers. I much rather would be pulled over for a cop thinking I was one, than them not pulling over someone who was.
a fine young lady in a nice car? yeah... the cop just wanted your number :naughty: :rofl:

What you said was very true though... if you KNOW something is illegal (i.e. something you could get a ticket for) and you do it anyway... you have no reason to complain. Its right up there with people who cry about speeding tickets.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Different states have different laws for tinted windows. The reason behind it is for officer saftey. When a police officer pulls a traffic stop on a vehicle and the windows are so tinted he cannot see you and what you are doing it posses a officer saftey risk as that police officer does not know if you are hiding something or getting read to shoot him, or is someone else is in there doing something to you.

They can pull you over for suspesion of overly tinted windows if it looks like its too dark. They have a light meter that will measure the amount of light the tint allows. (*check your local revised statutes for the percetage*).

... the ****ed up thing about it tho is that there is always a car in the police station parking lot with darker tint than his, including the front windows. :crazy::bs:

^^^Regarding this Jayzee^^^

The police vehicles that have the overly tinted windows are generally detective vehicle's or vehicles uses with a special tactics team such has SWAT, Street Crimes or various other things. The reason for the tinting are to be able to be un noticed in times where its needed.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
a fine young lady in a nice car? yeah... the cop just wanted your number :naughty: :rofl:
rofl... probably true! I'm glad to see that cops are paying attention to the sobriety of drivers, but it sure would make me mad if they pulled me for it (I don't drink)... Tint is one of those problem areas though, I still have stock tint because I can't legally go dark enough... Good luck with your ticket.

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
speaking of b.s, i have a doctors letter saying i can have tint because i have extreme photophobia, and since having the letter i've gotten 3 tint tickets from the state police because they say they dont believe anything is wrong with my eyes, and this past june a state trooper pulled me over and confiscated my doctors letter because he said i abuse my tint! then i served the cop with a supeona and he wrote me a ticket and sent it in the mail. and the state police (and i mean plural) actully went into my doctors office and harrased the doctor so much that the doctor resinded his digagnoses of me. the state police harassed him so much the doctor dosn't want anything to do with me. the doctor even gave the police information about me and my diagnoses without my consent, he told the police what happened in the diagnosing, and what he purscribed for me to have tint, and i'm actully going through a lawyer right now because the doctor violated the patient confidentiality law by telling the cops all this. the doctor couldn't of said that is my professinal opinion and get out of my office???anyone ever have the same experience or have some info to help me out with the legal end?

·
Registered
215 Posts
speaking of b.s, i have a doctors letter saying i can have tint because i have extreme photophobia, and since having the letter i've gotten 3 tint tickets from the state police because they say they dont believe anything is wrong with my eyes, and this past june a state trooper pulled me over and confiscated my doctors letter because he said i abuse my tint! then i served the cop with a supeona and he wrote me a ticket and sent it in the mail. and the state police (and i mean plural) actully went into my doctors office and harrased the doctor so much that the doctor resinded his digagnoses of me. the state police harassed him so much the doctor dosn't want anything to do with me. the doctor even gave the police information about me and my diagnoses without my consent, he told the police what happened in the diagnosing, and what he purscribed for me to have tint, and i'm actully going through a lawyer right now because the doctor violated the patient confidentiality law by telling the cops all this. the doctor couldn't of said that is my professinal opinion and get out of my office???anyone ever have the same experience or have some info to help me out with the legal end?

Ive never seen a doctors note for window tint, not saying your a liar, but i think thats where the officer was at too, im sure he never had seen one either and was a little suspecious of it but that should be able to be prooved on your part when you appear in muni court.

As for the doctor. That was a big screw up cause i think he can lose his job, liscense and stuff like that cant he? i would be just as pissed as you if a doctor released my personal information.

I honestly dont think that the cop was honestly "harassing" the doctor though. A lot of people who think they are a victim of harrassment are in realitly, more just a victim of rudness you know? the dffinition regarding harrassment ciminaly is pretty specific.

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
things is back in september of 2006 the state police called my doctor and asked him if the note was legite, and he told them ya, they just didn't like i had it. and he took it in june of 2007

·
Registered
215 Posts
things is back in september of 2006 the state police called my doctor and asked him if the note was legite, and he told them ya, they just didn't like i had it. and he took it in june of 2007
A doctor can right a note for anything saying that you can do it, but the thing is that if it causes you to break the law and the law does not have a section exluding people with doctors note police can still write you a ticket for it. Its up to the judge wether your charged or not though.

What I THINK, i dont know if this is what the officer did or not but i think that the cop might have been going through the city and researching the doctors note and finding out if its ligit, if the doctor can rightfully write these tickets. You know what i mean. I wouldnt take it too personally though he was following that ticket a loooong ways lol.

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
michigan law states, and i quote, a person can have window tint of any darkness on the front windows as long as the person has in there possesion a letter or note signed from a optomitrist or physican stating the person has photophobia or an eye condition that would benifit from window tint. who's in the wrong now even after the cop found out the note was legite?? i have a letter from the state saying this

·
Registered
215 Posts
michigan law states, and i quote, a person can have window tint of any darkness on the front windows as long as the person has in there possesion a letter or note signed from a optomitrist or physican stating the person has photophobia or an eye condition that would benifit from window tint. who's in the wrong now even after the cop found out the note was legite?? i have a letter from the state saying this

Yup your right

""(e) A special window treatment or application determined necessary by a physician or optometrist, for the protection of a person who is light sensitive or photosensitive, if the owner or operator of a motor vehicle has in possession a letter signed by a physician or optometrist, indicating that the special window treatment or application is a medical necessity. However, the special window treatment or application shall not interfere with or obstruct the driver's clear vision of the highway or an intersecting highway.""

well hopefully you can proove this and get something from a doctor in court man. Good luck

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
i going thorough the lawyer about the doctor thing, because this is all his fault for givin out info about me to anyone without my consent, but the court thing shouldn't be a problem, it's hard finding a lawyer that will actully do this though

1 - 20 of 42 Posts