New Cougar Forum banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
that looks familiar lol
Yeah I believe we talked about it a few years ago trying to figure out if you made it lol. I actually have 2 one isn't rounded off around the cross bar but they appear to have been welded by the same person.

The silver paint was coming off both of them and the metal underneath is reacting the same so I believe they came from the same materials which leads me to believe you may have built both of them.

I'm not happy with the results of the red paint. It ran in a couple spots and didnt wrinkle the same all the way across so I'm thinking they'll make good candidates to learn how to powder coat stuff eventually. For now this is staying like it is though.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
So I made it til this week not catching covid. Got sick a couple weeks ago, had a fever and hurt everywhere. They tested me and it came back negative.
Now, 2 days before veterans day I go to the VA because my back was killing me and they test me and come back positive. In which case they tell me to go home and quatantine and when you get a negative test then we can work on fixing your back.

So after a couple of days of laying in bed waiting for this horrible feeling like youre going to die and have to be put on a ventilator and then die from bronchitis thing to happen I got tired of laying around.

So I started putting these in.

I gotta shorten the driver side pin to clear the A/C condensor. And I still have to enlarge the holes in the underside of the hood to fit the retainer nut on the latch. However, I'm liking them so far. I already had holes in the hood so there had to be something. Plus the lack of an actual hood latch doesn't help. Considering the center of the hood is staying black when this thing gets painted I think they'll blend in nicely.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Started working on getting the hatch ready to paint.

I've gotten a ways but it got dark.
I also started working on getting the spoiler mounted correctly as I didnt have the forward 2 bolts in it and one of the others didnt line up.

I gotta drill the holes in the morning. As well as the hole for the antenna, then scuff up the spoiler and underside of the hatch, and figure out a stand of some sort then it'll be ready to prime.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts