New Cougar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are You Selling Your Front Millennium Bumper? I've been looking for a Front Bumper but can't find any nor can find someone who can get it scanned into a CAD File so I can get a 3D Mold/Print Created?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
No its staying on the car. I cant exactly drive around with no bumper can I?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Darn It, true true can't drive it without the bumper. I have the Millennium Body Kit just missing the front bumper and just trying really hard to find one 😕

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yea they stopped making them like alot of other stuff. Mine has a big crack in it that you cant really see in the pics and the under side of the front has some nasty road rash from a speed bump I used to have to cross all the time when I was stationed on the base here. I'll mold it and make a new one eventually, but at this point thats looking like a long time away.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Past couple car days have been productive.
Stripped the interior out. To swap the body harness out for an unspliced one that has all its connectors.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
I know your focus is on just making the thing run again, but if you've never priced carpeting, its surprisingly affordable. Since you're already stripped out. ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yeah its around 250-300 bucks for the mass backed super plush nice stuff.
However, I have work on the 99 ford van, and the 16 civic, and the RV, and the house all going on right now. The van's falling apart. The 16 civic is totally paid off as of this month and mine so upgrade time as well as fixing what 150K miles has broke. The RV needs a new roof put on it. And the wife decided Im paying as much as possible on the house so that way Im not still paying a mortgage when Im older then dirt in a few years lol. Her wording not mine.
On top of that Im finally investing in a tig welder in april.
So yeah it sucks and yeah the carpet is trashed after 20 something years of being in leaky cars, but I gotta go with it right now. Besides, it only takes a day and a half to pull the carpet even with taking long breaks, sleeping in, and stopping early.
I promise when it comes time to sound proof and insulate the car, the carpet will get replaced.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
We all understand conflicting priorities.
I've seen much worse carpeting than that. If you clean it up good it will probably be fine.
I had a Focus for a while with a heavy smoke stench that I brought all the carpeting and headliner to the car wash and blasted it out really good then let it dry in the sun for a few days and that really rejuvenated it for under $10.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Finally. Fuel lines showed up today.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
So worked a little on this. Interior is mostly back in. Redid all the brake lines. And started cleaning stuff.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Ran across a new headlight kit today. If it still looks like this tomorrow Im sold.
Before.

After a total of 15-20 minutes at the most.

Reactions: mmc757

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Other side done

Reactions: mmc757

·
5,312 Posts
So... which kit? And does it still look like that? Inquiring minds want to know :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Yes it did when I last looked at it this morning. The kit is the cerakote brand at walmart here.

Reactions: LinkMan

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Still looks good to me

Reactions: LinkMan

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Accomplished a little today.
Sprayed all the crap off the car.

Stripped down the old nasty subframe and sprayed some paint over rust paint on it.

Put new control arms in.

Then started putting it back together with new bits where I could. Same old steering rack though.

New inner and outer tie rods. New bellows.

Big improvement from this.

New sway bar links. New to the car sway bar.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Got rid of my 2 flat tires today.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I have an ebrake and fuel tank again now.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Started mocking up where the pump and filter can go. The stock fuel filter will be leaving but here's where it's looking like theyre gonna live.
Fuel pump however I have to flip it so the inlet and outlet are on the opposite sides.

And fuel filter although I'm thinking some sort of sheild is in order. I'll actually bottom out on the floor pan first as its lower then the fuel filter so it should be good there.

And the self tappers are temporary. I have nutserts to put in but I need to get everything set in place and plumbed first

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Took a brake from fuel lines and recieved some parts today. Did a much needed brake job

61 - 80 of 122 Posts