Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got the set of manuals for a 99. I'm mainly concerned with the engine harness

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The idea is to create a reference that I can use to check between pins of that big square plug on the strut tower and the ECM or sensor pins they go to. I've seen a couple pinouts done in the past but none of them included that square plug. As I've discovered the cars are different on the ECM plug as well as that one. We can have the pins on the ECM going to the correct places, but if that plug on the strut tower isn't correct it's still not going to work.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I made a spreadsheet for that ECU plug on my 99 a couple months ago. Too bad I didnt know you were looking for one, but honestly, its probably better to do it yourself anyway for familiarity reasons.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yea I have one somewhere as well. The issue I was having is it didn't list the circuit numbers. The way the manual is set up they list the plug and what circuit number each pin is but not its actual purpose.
To trace where the wires are in the ECM plug and the big 42 pin connector on the strut tower would be checking the ECM plug. Then searching through all the schematics to find the circuit number on the wires. Then flipping to the plug schematics then back.
I'm more focused on that 42 pin plug then the ECM. I just needed the ECM circuit numbers to actually list what each pin in the 42 pin plug does. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Yes, the wiring manual is very cumbersome. My project has been stalled out for over six months due to a wiring issue somewhere. I'm starting to toss around the idea of buying another running donor car just to help us find the wiring problem:censored:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well hopefully all this work will help you as well.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah I've very often thought of getting a donor from copart or something and just swapping everything into the body I have. If all this proves to be a waste then that's probably what I'll do.

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
Yes, the wiring manual is very cumbersome. My project has been stalled out for over six months due to a wiring issue somewhere. I'm starting to toss around the idea of buying another running donor car just to help us find the wiring problem:censored:
Pretty sure you just inherited the LostRacer curse.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ehh you will eventually.
I've turned mine over it's just never moved the car. Even when I had it running before. Tuning it wasnt done. Then I got the idea to do the megasquirt thing but my ability in soldering leaves a bit to be desired. However they do sell already assembled units which if I don't have this figured out by tax time may be in the works. I still have all the wiring for that the ECM board is just messed up somewhere.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I ditched the megasquirt. Going a different route.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Cost for why I didn't use Haltech or Link. Around 600 bucks less, I had to go with this one. I was looking at preassembled megasquirt units, and ran across a bunch of forum posts about them taking a customer to court for something or other. I don't really want to go to a company that sues its customers so that's the end of looking to their products for me. Not to mention the amount I spent and I never did get it to read a crank signal.
So we'll see how this goes.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Got a little done. Still waiting on wiring stuff from amazon.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It would look better if it wasn't pollen season and the tree next to my driveway hadn't crapped all over the car. One of these days Im gonna have someone cut it down just to fix the crap on the cars and driveway.
You gotta be careful what you cut out of the car. You can make the car illegal for street use. I don't think I'm putting the battery back up there. So that's gone. Most of that fuse box powers the lights and fans and the inner fuse box.
I also don't have ABS. That portion of the harness isnt really seen but not necessary to keep. And that big plug on the strut tower wont be used.
It won't be cheaper. But, with the battery moving inside to the other end of the car, and having another car I can really use a stock harness in. it would be easier to rewire the lights, fan, wipers, and horn from scratch. And save destroying a descent stock harness.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Swapped out the fuel rail for one that doesn't stick way out like the other one did

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The reason behind pulling the brake booster out. The clutch line nipple broke off the reservoir, and I found this New OEM part on ebay for 60 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Pulled the valve cover off.

Put the 3.0 cover back on. And started running the wires for the injectors.

Got the injectors squared away.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts