New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pass window makes this God awful noise when it goes up or down. It sounds like the window track is dry.

My old Eclipse used to do that and I would use silicone spray lubricant. Is that the right stuff?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
it WON'T work!!!

my dealership has lubed and greased my windows to the hill (like 6 times) and still it sucks!!!!!!

all they accomplished is making a mess of my windows (leaving me to clean them)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i lubed mine myself using plain old bearing grease (or it could of been something else)... anyhow i had a squeak, went to dealership they to come back in an hour and it would take them 30 minutest to do... i went home and did it in 20 minutes using whatever lubing substance i had laying around the garage... never had a problem since and that was last summer

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I take it that you used the grease inside the door panel on the runners themselvs. When I used the spray I would actually spray it on the window itself and put it up and down a few times before cleaning off the window.

It sounds like the glass itself is rubbing on the seal.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yea, I get that sometimes (when it's dry)...

I'll try this:

Roll window all the way down...

spray WD-40 into a rag...

wipe rag onto the rubber seals (carefully), "lubing the lips"

That outta do it!!!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did on my Eclipse, but it only takes a few quick wipe downs to get it to stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.