New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm out racing with my friends who are in an "import performance club". I notice my friend with a 3rd gen accord is hanging with an LS vtec in a 93 integra. So after the LS gets killed by a WRX I roll down my window and ask him if he wants to run.....yea. We pull up and stop and the driver of the WRX gets out to start us. I get a nice ass launch and he's right about my fender, shift to 2nd chirp the hell out of the tires and he moves back to about my rear tire. His Vtec kicks in and he pulls up slightly. I went to 3rd giving the tires another nice chirp, and I pull again. He miss shifts 3rd and falls way back, and gives up. Now I should have had my ass handed to me, if you do the math ~140 at the wheels vs ~180 at the wheels and a hell of a lot lighter, I even had a camera man. We're thinking he blew a head gasket last weekend and that would explain a lot of things. Hey, I'll just add that to my kill list anyway. A 2JZ went down as well but that's a different story.

S

·
0 Posts
nice kill. If an LS/VTEC is put together right its a lethal combination. I know a kid with a LS/VTEC in a hatch w/ a bottle on it and he pulls 12.1 1/4s.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
there is an LS/VTEC Si for sale in north louisiana, puts down 3-400 hp, dyno proven. has a turbo...If I had seen it while I was car shopping I'd be sold. Those can be some bad rides with the right touch. nice kill

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after Drew fixes his car he's said he's gonna do a Turbo and some other crazy crap. I forgot to mention above he has an SI tranny so I really should have been toast. Thanks to blown head gaskets, my kill list is expanding.

A

·
0 Posts
what's so great about an LS/vtec??? how does it compare with a GSR or a TYPE R?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
The 1.8 Integra LS ShortBlock has more Torque than the GSR and the TypeR 1.8 Vtec engines. When you create a Hybrid LS/VTEC (usually called a Frankenstien swap) The end result will be a Vtec engine with Torque! Magical concept eh?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i got a buddy who's done the ls/vtec swap in his coupe, he hasnt gotten the car back from its last tune but on his last dyno run, he put down 452 horses, then again, that is with a turbo but it still almost makes me wanna get a honda

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
i would almost guess that his turbo setup and engine swap cost him more than his car did.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
i got a buddy who's done the ls/vtec swap in his coupe, he hasnt gotten the car back from its last tune but on his last dyno run, he put down 452 horses, then again, that is with a turbo but it still almost makes me wanna get a honda

ummmmmmm, 452hp:confused:..........can i see that dyno sheet?

M

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Ive got a friend with a turbo'd/gutted CRX that runs 10.8, its the biggest POS looking car but &%#(%! its fast.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
Ive got a friend with a turbo'd/gutted CRX that runs 10.8, its the biggest POS looking car but &%#(%! its fast.
Thats what my friend Tommy wants to do. OF course it'll never happen, cause he never listens to me. :banghead: His car needs tons of body and mechanical work. He bought interior neons for a car with rusted out body panels and funky a$$ dirty carpet.

"Look how cockeyed he works. He's got brand new wipers on a busted windshield." Darnell from Christine "Ya know Pepper, ya can't polish a turd"

:disgust:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts